Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
You guys talk about geoengineering as if China isn't already doing it.

They experimented with silver iodide cloud seeding way back, but the dispersal methods lacked effectiveness. Now they're going hard because they've hosed up the local environment so badly. What will the long term ramifications be? Who knows!

Rime fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Well hell thread, I just took a contract building the biggest wind turbines in North America for the foreseeable future, I start next month. How many to offset my lifetime carbon budget?

:thunk:

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Admiral Ray posted:

Are you building these onsite with a collection of green construction techniques or are you shipping them in? Were the factories they built in free range? How many anti-oxidants do they have? Any mangosteen?

You haven't lived until you've seen a herd of free range turbine blades threshing their way across the prairies. Still wakes me up at night.

E: I looked it up, this farm is projected to displace 850,000t of carbon emissions a year. Not bad.

Rime fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 16, 2018