Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

call to action posted:

gently caress all you dumb optimists, glad you were proven wrong

that's the spirit

call to action (the action is being smug)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Miami Beach is not Miami but interesting article all the same.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Man we're ruining this earth

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It would be nice if everyone treated this as the major problem it is... But no one cares.

loving hell

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Descar posted:

This will always be a minor problem compared to economy to most people, just saying

Hell it's not like i don't know how that is - - I work around 60 hours a week and take classes too. I just also recognize that my struggle will be meaningless eventually if the world burns up :v:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

How did this happen

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

dex_sda posted:

So I said "a forum for Arctic Sea Ice enthusiasts" and I got laughed out of the room. Why would you know something so niche? Who would care about this so hard to make a forum?!

Why don't you spend your free time watching reality TV, nerd.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

TildeATH posted:

Why does everything have to be a mental illness with you people? Why can't someone just be pissed the gently caress off or sad because of the situation, which is remarkably lovely.

Probably because of the way that man typed up two barely legible posts about how you shouldn't care about anything because you're a lovely person for caring while being born in the US or whatever his point was.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I think so but not sure.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

If climate change is a good thing, is it a moral imperative to pump as much GHG as possible into the atmosphere? If so, you could say the oil companies are the most moral companies of all...

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

That's a good post.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Do you think that anyone is going to say, "well, I might be boiled alive or dragged out of my house by an angry mob for not helping the government, but unless they pay me well, I won't help save the world!"

That actually sounds pretty likely.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

A buttery pastry seems to accurately describe the condition of your brain, hth

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm halfway ready to kill you over climate change tbh

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

How do I explain to my SO that I don't want to have kids because I'm pretty sure they will live a life much worse than mine, and my life already is poo poo?

Like people just completely ignore the climate change problem because it's so big. I'm pretty sure everyone is just hoping all the scientists have it wrong and it will all end up being a big misunderstanding, because actually facing the reality means that we need to start making huge changes yesterday.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I don't think we have to worry about the ice shelves being full of penguins in the future so why franchise them

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Feral Integral posted:

I mean, you just explain it, why can't you talk to your significant other?

Also, don't be surprised when they leave you for someone else who does want to have kids when the time comes.

Lol I know and if she does oh well, it'll save me a lot of money.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

anonumos posted:

You're quite a catch.

I am allowed to be flippant in response to a thing I'm dreading or is that too hard for you to understand

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

How would they make money off of this

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

A loving tanker was able to traverse the Bering strait to pick up oil in loving February. Wow

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What kind of long-reaching effects would an ocean fishery collapse have?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Also the sea water will be diluted with fresh water from the melting ice. And warmer waters is good for some fish, bad for others.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Native American reservations are some of the most abject poverty I've seen ever, our social work class visited one over the summer and tried to see what we could do to help.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

call to action posted:

It's loving amazing how butthurt people get when they hear they're not getting my organs, usually from people who have very longwinded opinions about bodily autonomy. It's so bizarre to think about not getting a donation from me as "punishing the suffering", yet for some reason when you don't donate your vacation cash to help the needy, that's not "punishing the suffering".

Telling though how many people need to chime in and tell me how hard they're rolling their eyes at my decisions. Maybe if you didn't view me as merely a means to my organs your gramps wouldn't have died before they got to the top of the list.

No you didn't.

Yeah, how stupid of me to get out of a minimum wage field and not to give your mamaw my meat. So dumb, y'know.

I have never been on a vacation because I'm poor af.

Plus I imagine most of us aren't going to ask for our money to be buried with us :v:

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 12, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i hope those are the skids that lead to the guillotines

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Nice meltdown

It reminds me of the meltdown of all the sea ice and permafrost :v:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It is a better thing than no one agreeing climate change is an issue imo

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Isn't Macron trying to do that

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

BattleMoose posted:

So his is profiteering off of global warming, hiding his solutions behind a paywall. This is not a guy I respect or want anything to do with. If he cared about this issue, he would make his entire solutions freely and publicly available. He is a profiteer and should be treated as such.

Ha, look at these IDIOTS having to buy food and poo poo. gently caress them!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

So why are so few people alarmed about climate change? Our 'leaders' treat it as a small issue, the media rarely covers it, people in general may say they think it's a huge issue but then they just continue business as usual, consuming and polluting. Is it because most of them think they're old enough they won't feel the full effects? Do a lot of people actually think it's a hoax and all of the scientists are lying to them? I am honestly unsure. Even my (soon to be ex) wife says that the world will be poo poo to live on in 30 years if we don't change things and she still wants kids

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What if people started killing climate deniers :getin:

anyways yeah all that you guys have said is pretty much true, it's just depressing that no one really cares to change it. There's like 10 of us who try to protest our local congresscritter for being a denier, but he just cancelled his town halls and stopped holding public meetings since he is in such a Republican area that he can't be challenged.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I thought it was going to be climate change related... The Sci fi and fantasy thread is located in TBB

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

TheBlackVegetable posted:

Utopia had it right - feed the world but couple it with a sterilization program.

gently caress ethics, if you could sign up for a basic income that was contingent on being sterilized i would sign right the gently caress up. it would be a net good, probably

hell im getting that done anyways eventually

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

I think they - much like you - are exaggerating.

Which is fine - better safe than sorry.

But if they entire earth were facing something like this in the next 10 years there'd be a lot more action by business on this forefront preparing for that. Their not.

When they start developing and planting heat-resistant crops i'll worry.

Good username/post combo.

I'm sure smart people are monitoring the situation...

Wait, they are, the climate scientists have been panicking for so long that their screams have faded into background.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hmm 2030 is only 13 years away and 30 years too late for what it should have been

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Then you can work on expanding the Bering Strait

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

unlawfulsoup posted:

Climate Change: The only renewable resource here is despair.

We could definitely fuel the world on the despair of the underclass. Hell, we're basically there already.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

You can either laugh or cry, or in my case, both.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

But there's no profit in giving things away???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

That was smart of them Tbh.