Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Woolie Wool posted:

"Our dependence was way lower" is kind of understating it. Getting rid of CFCs was an inconvenience. Getting rid of hydrocarbons means we give up our way of life and have to find a new one. I'm still expecting us to mostly do nothing until civilization hits a brick wall and billions die. :smithicide:

Sadly, this is probably the way things will go. In the end, it costs money to make changes to the way we do things today, but if we do nothing? Well, lots of big corporations continue to make lots of money, and the politicians get to line their pockets too. That is the direction we're heading. Same as we ever were. The Paris talks, in my opinion, are nothing more than political theater designed to quell rebellious thoughts and actions. It's basically "See? We're totally on top of this! We'll make sure it stays under control! 2C target baby!" *accepts bribes from lobbyists to ensure status quo is maintained*. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, we're beyond talking about the problem. Nothing short of immediate action has any chance to accomplish anything. What actions came out of those talks? I doubt their ridiculous 2C target could be achieved if we quit using fossil fuels cold turkey today.

Also, is it really that hard to resist responding to Arkane? He's a manipulative, capitalist shill denier shitbag, and he contributes nothing to the thread. Responding to him doesn't accomplish anything other than encouraging him to post more, and thereby enables him to continue to poo poo up these threads with the same garbage he's been spewing for years. He's working extra hard right now to saturate the new thread with his brand of bullshit, because there aren't 260 pages of proof that he's a liar in this one yet. If we all just take a deep breath, and resist clicking Reply, he'll slink back to his evil mountain lair, and we'll be able to have a nice discussion about how well and truly hosed we all are without the extra headache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Temperature and humidity are two separate things.

Hot dry air is fire weather. Hot humid air is flood weather. I wonder if there's some sort of common factor here...

I knew it! loving air.