Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

No one is burning 0 days at defcon anymore its not 2013. Those things are worth real money these days.

At best someone is running responder on the wifi network. The goons in the soc are good people trying to prevent poo poo. In years past there was a specific shenanigans network, don't connect to that if you don't want.

Every year I've been my cell service has been poo poo and my phone runs hot and the battery dies fast. Rumors of stingrays in the area but who knows.

I second attending skytalks, there's stuff there you'll never see elsewhere. Take the time to try making friends, makes the whole experience so much more fun.

I like playing craps, go to old vegas on like Wednesday and learn how to play, its a lot of fun with the right table. Don't try learning at Mandalay unless you're rich as gently caress.

Blackhat parties are super lame unless you know people or are with your own group. Still check them out, but set expectations waaaaaay low. Unless you like dancing, which i do, then some of them (pre covid at least) were bangers.

Make sure you check out all the villages at defcon, word is they won't have access to record/stream them and some talks there are amazing.

I prefer staying at the conference venue and staying up way too late but everyone does vegas their own way.

Protips:

- bring walking shoes
- bring a water bottle and drink a lot of it
- bring Tylenol and lip chap
- enjoy the spectacle

I'll be there, pm if you want to hang out.