Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

i use edge on windows/at work, it's actually pretty good. one of the best implementations of tab groups i've seen. the microsoft shittification is pretty irritating though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

some kinda jackal posted:

I am incredibly pained hearing people who have to come in to check a box and are actually held to it :(

This is me, also my boss will immediately notice if cameras aren’t on and call you complaining after the meeting. Don’t worry though, the company seems to have no way to measure actual productivity and is infested with middle managers who don’t seem to do anything other than have meetings about unreadable spreadsheets.

Least it’s only one day a week in the office but loving hell. I’ve applied for 5 jobs today lol

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

My old section got a new manager who put in a rule like that. Three of us quit.

Yep i’m very motivated by the prospect of loving him over when the time comes. I was a camera on kind of person before this but nothing sours you more on the concept than having it be mandated. There were morale issues before this but at least the previous guy didn’t helicopter monitor the stupid meaningless bullshit.

Now we have the same morale issues and organisational issues, but with some nobody doing cargo cult bullshit to appease management while fake-laughing through it all. Just gotta grit my teeth and get out I guess

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

rafikki posted:

1Password?

It’s the GOAT and absolutely worth the money.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

I wrote them off for a decade due to their Mac focus, but they’re truly excellent. They still publish patch notes on iOS long after other devs gave up and started insulting their customers.

Windows/Linux app got rewritten in electron and is now at pretty much feature parity with the the mac version, with the exception of being able to control the screen to autofill into apps not just the web browser. But that depends on apple specific accessibility apis so w/e. Browser extensions are also pretty great and almost obviate needing to install the app at all. I’d give it another shot.