Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
Fingers crossed they ban portable computers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

MustardFacial posted:

I tried to get it to unlock my car, but I guess the flipper can’t do rolling code or something 🤷

You're very lucky you didn't desync your keyfob.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
Yay Bank of America.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
https://security.paloaltonetworks.com/CVE-2024-3400

Have a good day, everyone. :D

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
The CISSP is good for managers that want to pretend they're technical.

By itself, that's literally all it's good for.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Rust Martialis posted:

If anyone gets more info can you post links here plz

I really don't think this was a necessary request. Do you honestly think that WASN'T going to happen?

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

quote:

UPDATE Wed, 08 May 2024 12:07:38 UTC - Zscaler’s priority is our customer and production environment and we have not discovered any evidence of incident or compromise to these environments. We are continuing our investigation and closely monitoring the situation.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Subjunctive posted:

The Infosec Thread: Yes, time to move to a mountain and raise goats

GOOSE FARMER

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
https://seekingalpha.com/news/4102870-zscaler-tumbles-company-confirms-ongoing-investigation-possible-data-breach

Pretty much the same as what we've seen so far, with the addition of info that the stock is falling.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/zscaler-says-it-was-not-hacked-after-rumors-circulate-online/

I hope some sucker got bilked out of $20k.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
WELP

quote:

[Access] Largest Cyber Security Company [SOLD]

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Accipiter fucked around with this message at 13:32 on May 9, 2024

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
I have a lot more details on the Zscaler situation than what's currently flying around the web, and yeah... this doesn't look good.

I don't want to spew the info here because I don't want to step on ZS's collective dick, but the info I have says that the breach appears to definitely impact production systems. There's also an IAM bypass method at work.

I will also say that a certain VP of engineering needs to use way better passwords.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Potato Salad posted:

It's probably a honeypot! I am very smart, because a honeypot is useful after everyone on the planet has seen details about the honeypot.

The tack I have selected in this distraction in no way shines a light on what is going through my head right now regarding whether this is a throwaway honeypot or a living environment that we can't easily dispose of because it's--and I reassure you this is not true--real.

"If this happened, which it didn't, it's probably because we left it out there on purpose."