Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oh! Another cool fun SNES RPG is Sailor Moon: Another Story. I might grab that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I became one of them

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bought a new album but in vinyl form, lmao

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Happy new year!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Senerio posted:

It's been so long since I had to get a SNES emulator. Is ZSNES or SNES9x better nowadays?

BSNES is actually the best because it's hardware accurate, not being faked so it can run on Pentium II's.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

aw jeez, my eyes really aren't fond of monitors today

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

show seems good to me

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Senerio posted:

Oh! Another cool fun SNES RPG is Sailor Moon: Another Story. I might grab that too.
that one, is good. also the tenchi muyo game and the rayearth game

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Bought a new album but in vinyl form, lmao

vinyl is good

which one

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

show seems good to me

I'm the Fist of the North Star bad guys

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Sakurazuka posted:

BSNES is actually the best because it's hardware accurate, not being faked so it can run on Pentium II's.

Is there a windows BSNES?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I hate that this has the meme text on it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Senerio posted:

Is there a windows BSNES?

Yeah, the first result in Google has the Windows version
I'm not linking though, if only because I'm never sure how dodgy emulator sites are.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Excellent! Thank you, a kitten.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

vinyl is good

which one

Florence and the Machines Lungs, I was at a store and just saw it and impuls got it

I like that album a lot, it sounds nice but this player I got isnt super good, its a Jensen I got cause I thought it looked the nicest out of the sets that had speakers built in

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

This level is AIDS

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The Colonel posted:

This level is AIDS

RIP all those robots in the background

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I believe I used to just use ZSNES and never had any issues that I can recall. It's been awhile since I've emulated, if i resume emulating it'll probably be to play the zodiac/international version of FFXII or the crazy apocalypse "Let's actually make this game real tough" modded version of Final Fantasy Tactics. I should have both sitting in my files somewhere, just got to dig 'em up.

The Colonel posted:

This level is AIDS

subpar performance, turn in your badge and bikini shorts.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the most paranoid shoujo protag, poor guy didn't even do anything but invite her to a date

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
The only way I can figure out to destroy those blocks on the right is by shooting one of the bomb guys out of a cannon, which means I have to do it with one of the guys at the far left outside of the screenshot, which means I have to keep switching the blocks as he flies over everything or else he'll hit a block and explode, but then switching also shoots the guys on the right out of the cannons where they'll hit the blocks and explode and if the one you're trying to get to those blocks on the right touches the explosions, it will explode. On top of all that your camera can't go out far enough or move fast enough to follow the one you're launching, and if you try to follow it on foot you'll run into one of the bombs on the bottom and aaaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhh

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Florence and the Machines Lungs, I was at a store and just saw it and impuls got it

I like that album a lot, it sounds nice but this player I got isnt super good, its a Jensen I got cause I thought it looked the nicest out of the sets that had speakers built in

i highly suggest going to a garage sale, goodwill or something like that and just picking out whatever old player you can find. odds are that it's better. most of those 'all in one' turntables are real bad

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's worse than the even more trial-and-errory hyper version of stage 16 that takes up to four minutes to beat and is filled with things that knock you back to the latest check point if you make a slight mistake

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I decided to start on Eternal Filena and

Lol

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

i highly suggest going to a garage sale, goodwill or something like that and just picking out whatever old player you can find. odds are that it's better. most of those 'all in one' turntables are real bad

Yah

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

NowonSA posted:

I believe I used to just use ZSNES and never had any issues that I can recall. It's been awhile since I've emulated, if i resume emulating it'll probably be to play the zodiac/international version of FFXII or the crazy apocalypse "Let's actually make this game real tough" modded version of Final Fantasy Tactics. I should have both sitting in my files somewhere, just got to dig 'em up.

ZSNES works for most games but it's actually real bad for a few, namely it is loving impossible to emulate Kirby's Dream Land 3 on it cause Kirby keeps teleporting a few feet into the air, transparency is broken and it randomly crashes on the world select screen

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i wonder whats with the trope of guys being raised as girls in girls manga. you see it so often

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Those new audiotechnicas are supposed to be foodbtho yah?

If I ever get serious about it is invest in one

Just messing with a simple player is fun tho

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

i wonder whats with the trope of guys being raised as girls in girls manga. you see it so often

One of the earliest Japanese novels, The Hakkenden, has a main character who was given a girls name and raised as one to avoid some prophesy and I don't think that was even the earliest thing to use that.
I'm sure one of the Greek myths had the same premise.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

show seems good to me

someone shop the overlord guy into this

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Those new audiotechnicas are supposed to be foodbtho yah?

If I ever get serious about it is invest in one

Just messing with a simple player is fun tho

idk, i just found an old vinyl player in a garage and fixed it to being usable

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I found that the guy who made BSNES made a sequel emulator called higan, so I'm trying it out. Anyone wanna watch some SMAS? I'll stream it at http://hitbox.tv/Senerio

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

every house has one, a room where you keep pics of your sons in girls clothes

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Because toxic masculinity, frankly (childlike women with violent powers behave as objects and the characters can be projected onto a multitude of roles based the unending swath of mashup fanart). Oh and the music and game play is supposed to be good I guess, but somehow I don't see the same fandom springing up around it had the characters been in part or wholly male. Funny how that works out, isn't it.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

lol?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

idk, i just found an old vinyl player in a garage and fixed it to being usable

Neat!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Oh sweet, the new humble monthly bundle had The Talos Principle in it.

I was thinking about picking it up while it was on sale but now I don't have to.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I have a radio set from the late 40s that I have incredibly low hope of ever getting running again, but I keep it because it looks nice

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'behave as objects' by having diverse personalities, goals, and roles in the world...?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's missing a lot of tuuuuuuuuuuuuubes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Meteoid tuuube meme

• Locked thread