Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Mandy Thompson posted:

I am in a position where I am both a Christian and a gay person who has experienced quite a bit of hostility when I was growing up from Fundamentalists. I didn't get to choose as a child to be hated or to be taught this hate for myself. I think it is absolutely our place to call out injustice where we see it. I don't think it i remotely okay to try to change people's sexual orientation no matter what the excuse is. Hate is not a family value and they have been granted a position to force it on people and I think it is a great wrong that we condone people saying to some marginalized groups that God doesn't love them.

Agreed. The kind of people who use Christianity to justify their bigotry are the same sorts who have popped up on the media recently saying that Jesus' saying "All who draw the sword shall die by the sword" is actually him saying shoot those government agents who are coming to take your guns, or that the "eye of the needle" was actually a real gate in the Jerusalem wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread