Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Jarmak posted:

These sort of arbitration agreements are an area of the law I know only a very little about but my first intuition is that the agreement in the OP is not remotely enforceable in this situation.

I wish one of our legal goons with knowledge in this area would chime in on this.

Same. My guess is they could and should sue but have no idea that they can do that because an important sounding piece of paper tells them they can't. If the description is accurate that's not even an arbitration clause in the first place, it's just some words strung together to look nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
A normal arbitration clause is usually, though not always, enforceable.

quote:

Ellison had signed an arbitration contract that agreed all matters and disputes pertaining to Teen Challenge must be settled through a Christian arbitration process that would be bound not by state or federal law, but by the Bible where “The Holy Scripture shall be the supreme authority”

This is not a normal arbitration clause and strongly sounds like Sovereign Citizenry: Bible Edition.

e: upon further review these types of clauses have been ruled valid a number of times as well. Welp :v:

Adar fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 9, 2015

• Locked thread