Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Whiter Asians ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Whiter Asians ok?

Depends how much money they have tbh

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah that's true

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yeah that's true

Which is bullshit really I'd take a boat of flippers over ten rich asians anyday

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Right well rules is rules so I used up my freebie today. Veterans day has and always will suck taint.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Wait if I smoke some brisket and soak the wood chips in whisky does that ruin this for me :ohdear:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Is that what the cool kids say when they're huffing aerosolized booze

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

If whiffing the vapors makes lenah dunham somewhat more attractive then yes that's a no go.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Got on the whiskies while smoking brisket last night. Goddamnit

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Can I join late?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Tomorrow is my first elite level race in Detroit, followed by my free pass of getting obliterated in Ann Arbor Michigan.

Does getting massively drunk and still being drunk the next day count as two strikes? Or are we counting it as a solitary event.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

psydude posted:

Can I join late?

Option 1 or 2

MurderBot posted:

Tomorrow is my first elite level race in Detroit, followed by my free pass of getting obliterated in Ann Arbor Michigan.

Does getting massively drunk and still being drunk the next day count as two strikes? Or are we counting it as a solitary event.

Gonna go with majority rule here. But if the buzz carries over you have my blessing

Any other loopholes you alcoholics got?

I've been ok thus far but did throw back a few on Veterans Day. Not sure if I'll cash in my token for that or not

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

<3

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Option 1. We have a massive drunk fest every Black Friday.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Two Finger posted:

Got on the whiskies while smoking brisket last night. Goddamnit

lmbo not even a week

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

God drat we're a pitiful bunch

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Suck my brisket from the back

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Two Finger posted:

Suck my brisket from the back

i went a year stone sober and it wasnt that tough for me :shrug:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

I'm just happy the house didn't burn down I fell asleep with the smoker still puffing away

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Some people have problems with substance abuse some don't news at 11

Honestly please just keep that BS out of this thread at the very least if not all of GIP. Like it's totally rad that it was easy for you, pat yourself on the back.

Now if you want to tell us how you did it and what worked best for you then by all means. But get off your loving high horse. You and the other handful that boast about it

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 13, 2015

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Hey you gave us all an inch (of dick) when you said we get one free pass, and I'll be glad to play within the boundaries given to me.

vvvvvvv I'm enjoying my sobriety and actively participating if it helps at all.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 13, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Maybe we'll try it again not around depressingly cold weather and the holidays (read: family)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

MurderBot posted:

Hey you gave us all an inch (of dick) when you said we get one free pass, and I'll be glad to play within the boundaries given to me.

vvvvvvv I'm enjoying my sobriety and actively participating if it helps at all.

Yeah I'm on my last leg now so will have to be doubleplusgood

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

my year of sobriety was forced on me by the military so i don't count that. plus the burn pits probably damaged my liver more than a year of binge drinking

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You guys suck at this

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

SITREP: Need to add Psydude to the front page for option 1. Fellow sober dude in arms.

currently flying to Detroit where the 35 year old dude behind me is getting as drunk as SouthWest will allow him trying to mack on some blonde 20 ish year old with yoga pants. She is clearly unimpressed and this dude is loud as gently caress. Wanna Scissor kick him as I sip on my Seagram's Seltzer water :(.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Some people have problems with substance abuse some don't news at 11

Honestly please just keep that BS out of this thread at the very least if not all of GIP. Like it's totally rad that it was easy for you, pat yourself on the back.

Now if you want to tell us how you did it and what worked best for you then by all means. But get off your loving high horse. You and the other handful that boast about it

no high horse m8, i realize i dont have an addictive personality which made it easier for me than others. but setting a goal of sobriety for 2 months and not even making it 5 days is silly, why even bother?

you want my method? i just said im not gonna drink every day i woke up. just like aa teaches, one day at a time. one day is a manageable goal. a month or six or a year can seem overwhelming so you just say gently caress it and give up. it takes a modicum of willpower, but most of us here are vets and have had to do unpleasant poo poo we didnt want to, so im sure if you really want you can muster it

and if you cant go more than a week without getting drunk off your rear end and you want to stop but cant, you should probably check yourself into a treatment facility instead of posting in a thread

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Free pass cuz I'm a sexy single dude in Waikiki.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Work trip ended early cause we worked our asses off to cut it short by a week. I'm in for sobriety now especially after last night. First time I ever had a girl slap me cause I offended her and just a general shitshow of a night with some alcoholic coworkers. Cheers! Or not heh

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Work trip ended early cause we worked our asses off to cut it short by a week. I'm in for sobriety now especially after last night. First time I ever had a girl slap me cause I offended her and just a general shitshow of a night with some alcoholic coworkers. Cheers! Or not heh

I'll have a drink for you bud.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Free pass yesterday used just to keep the honesty of this sacred thread.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

How are you all doing gents? Anybody got the shakes and sweats?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

neither

pounding the water like there's no tomorrow and enjoying green tea on the regular

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Dog died this morning so it's gonna be a rough weekend. Don't plan on drinking but I also haven't cried like this since my grandad died, except I didn't find his cold lifeless body first thing in the morning. gently caress I could use a beer or 12.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I've been busy as poo poo, which has made not drinking a lot easier. Apparently I'm also super productive when I'm not drinking. Cleaned the gently caress out of my house and studied a bunch of poo poo for work.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

The weekend was fun when I was able to use my free pass, but I'm back at home/work, so the added incentive of *you'll get fired/loose your nursing license* is more than enough to curb any desire of wanting to drink while at work or 8 hours before I'm scheduled. This weekend me and my lady are heading up north to a small ski town in Northern New Mexico, so it'll be nice to get away from everything and relax.

Considering bypassing my free pass on thanksgiving as well, and then getting the most out of christmas eve/day.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

psydude posted:

I've been busy as poo poo, which has made not drinking a lot easier. Apparently I'm also super productive when I'm not drinking. Cleaned the gently caress out of my house and studied a bunch of poo poo for work.

yeah me too, i'm putting my energy towards starting a barbecue restaurant
something for me to do when i'm not at sea that's productive and might earn me a dollar or two

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Dog died this morning so it's gonna be a rough weekend. Don't plan on drinking but I also haven't cried like this since my grandad died, except I didn't find his cold lifeless body first thing in the morning. gently caress I could use a beer or 12.

Sucks man, sorry to hear that :smith:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Guess I'm cashing in my freebie early. Can't go a few minutes without thinking bout the little guy and me and my wife are gettin white girl drunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Wait can a death in the family count as separate freebie? Fu k you this dog was my life. I bitched about him and his old rear end dog problems but I loved him more than anything. gently caress

• Locked thread