Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I did a pack full of lovely memes and anime references so look forward to that I guess (they were so tiny that I couldn't make anything funny)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I'm working on my next set, here's a sample of one of the times I just didn't give a poo poo if the texture would really work in any meaningful way in the game.

this post was the best way to see if any good smilies existed that i could replace small textures with, and no there were none

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 14, 2015

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I have a specific thing I'm looking for the 'beef image /w transparency for, something involving a gem on a crown or something, if anyone has it.
e: nvm this unless other people want to add more beef than the 20 instances Pins is putting in

anyway here's the kind of poo poo i'm bringing to the table

I tried not to let it influence my work too much but I watched Sunshine so of course I had to pepper in this fuckin naruto eye at least once

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 15, 2015

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Note to self: find a way to implement Freaknik and a third instance of [REDACTED] into this next batch
don't even want to speak his name in case the mere mention goes as far as posting his picture
e: and plape

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Nov 15, 2015

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Putty posted:

i've gotten rid of a lot of smaller textures that probably don't have much impact, meaning we are 42% done!

Invert the color schemes on the small textures just to see how much of an eyesore it could possibly be.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
e: i don't really want to do this pack but here someone should integrate this image

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 21, 2015

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Capacity is reaching critical meme

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
What if the forums is more fast now though, thanks to mycleanpc.com or whatever?

No actually though the redirects feel faster now, for whatever that's worth.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I know it's been done before but god drat Paper Mario (any of them probably) is the best game for this kind of this because so many sprites means you can just ruin everything.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Putty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIZshFXYrJw

don't want to do any games that people have done already

No one's done Super Paper Mario right?

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Birdo's post-game profile image is the Garbage Ape from Heathcliffe btw
e: btw if you look in the top right corner at the stump during the DK minigame you might notice a familiar face.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 8, 2015

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Oh poo poo I think I did the tornado texture, which was basically just me deleting a bunch of brown lines and replacing them with this:

Sadly it probably won't translate very well given the size / if no one lands on the space.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I keep refreshing in hopes of more videos but I realize I'm an idiot because it's a putty thread.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Wait guys.

Cubivore, Repainted.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
We need to figure out a way to modify music. Vinny's stream has convinced me of this.

it's hip to gently caress bees

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Putty, don't rush perfection if you don't think it's time.
Just make sure to
Do your best
Do your best
Do it everyday
Do your best
Do your best
Do it everyday
A golden rule / it's a must
Always do your best
With a cheelr and a smile
Always do your best!

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 16, 2015

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Like, when Brawl came out I think? I made irotic (eronic?) fan fiction about Sonic getting hosed in the butt by Luigi and then my friend made it into a webcomic where eventually it turned into Luigi going in for a job interview, but it's all gone forever unfortunately I hope. The point is it was loving awful and yeah there's no doubt people did the same thing but sincerely so I'm not even half phased.
gonna need some links to specific ones though, i don't have time for the poo poo that's only slightly awful, i need the real creme de la pants if i'm gonna waste my time with it

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Boss Wiggler posted:

who wants to help w/ a small project i'm doing? as of right this second it's like 200 textures and it's all menu stuff.

Eh why not, I'll scrounge up some time on Saturday for it but tomorrow's booked up for me.
wait gently caress it's today already, in that case I'll scrounge up some time tomorrow.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Boss Wiggler posted:

All of you who want in add me on steam so I can give them to you and when I get home

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pinssa

You already have me, I think right now I'm listed as Gex 2 Fanfic.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Did the texture pack and I loving knew what that game was, and I never even played that one.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
putty where's the lp

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I may try but I'm also a loving idiot who'll ruin everything slash not be able to run dolphin so I'll get back to you.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Putty posted:

oh yeah about this please only apply if you have a powerful system, maybe test if you can play the games first?

I mean I'm not throwing my hat in until I know it's possible for me to do. It shouldn't be an issue but stranger things have happened.
e: works fine hmu

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 1, 2016

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
gently caress!

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Huh. So I just booted up this old Dragon Ball Z game for the Wii I have in Dolphin, and I'm fiddling in the settings and notice the 'dump all textures' option, and now I'm wondering if I should do this.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Oh hey only from that screengrab can i see what looks like a star with a ballgag. Nice.

Also I'm the one who lazily slapped a smile on the island with the 2 stumps on that cart racing one, and for another part of it that you can't really see well.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Ah, sexist jokes. I love 'em!

Actually I was bummed out that I didn't see any of my edits this time, or maybe it was just the lovely ones I phoned in.

btw when I just exclaimed "gently caress" weeks ago it was because Fred Fuchs (I think it was Fred Fuchs at least) did Cubivore Repainted already so I don't know if that's out of the running or what now.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 20, 2016

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Woah, the Garbage Ape Moon showed up in a monkey-themed minigame. I didn't even do that on purpose but I'm glad.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
So I tried getting some textures from Bomberman Generation thinking 'hey this game has a simplistic style that would lend itself well to a repaint' but then like 3 levels in I have an irritation migraine, so I won't be doing that.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Putty posted:

show them to me maybe I can tell you how much it is compared to mario party

No the textures are great, the game is just a painfully unfun slog.

Additionally, I finally realized that there are some ACTUAL great games I never played on the Gamecube, one of which is perfectly suited for this sort of thing!
I'm not gonna reveal it straight-up yet, but, the more astute of you might be able to see where this is going.

I don't have a full set of textures yet, in fact I only have 1 chapter's worth, but if you're interested I'll start doling out packs.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Putty posted:

here's another lol from the games repainted blog:

"please revise all undertale related submissions, we will only be accepting buff undertale from this point forward, thank you and god bless"

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Putty posted:

they're all pretty much the same randomly generated men using different skins for body parts, which in retrospect explains the separate textures

I legitimately don't believe MDickie has ever watched The Sopranos so this is even funnier.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Hey Putty the actual Games Repainted channel, one of those guys, was trying to rip textures for Mario Party 7 and lost it all during a HDD crash. You could be the hero, the people's champion tm
e: I think it was Fred Fuchs specifically.
e2: actually send me a pastebin and i'll be the hero
e3: not pastebin, dropbox, whatever gently caress you <3

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 25, 2016

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Hey Putty I'm on the last level of THAT GAME so idfk if you want to play it for a video or whatever, but if you do play it on Kids mode because if you're half as bad as I am at the game then you won't see the end if you play Adults mode.

GEE WHAT COULD IT FOOKEN BE
e: well i guess i'm doing NG+ because EFB copying wasn't disabled meaning i probably lost half the textures, which would make sense as to why there were so many textures missing from the folder i guess? hahah i want to die
maybe half the textures is good enough since the game runs like hot rear end in a top hat with that setting off

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 4, 2016

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Putty posted:

MDickie's Hard Time #2

good night beautiful soul

WHAT IS THAT MAN DOING TO HIS FACE?
e: btw where did whoever get that Work Harder / Through the Fire and the Flames mashup?

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 5, 2016

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
No but that one face was literally goatse did you not pick up on that or just choose not to?

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Putty posted:

So here's my plan for the future forward:

-Finish MDickie

-Post the 4 episodes of TurboFlamingChicken's run of Pagoda penis

-Start access to Steak Eater's mystery game

-Do Super Paper Mario or Rhythm Heaven Fever, whichever works better

-Release new Mario Parties when I can get recordings inbetween everything

For now on instead of polls to pick new games just post games you want to see ITT and I'll pick based on what is a good idea and technically doable on my end.

Nah putty I hosed up the ripping and it turns out that Viewtiful Joe (Btw that's what it was gonna be) is loving unfun to play in anything outside of easy mode and I burned out on it during one playthrough. Also the rip hosed up and now that I have the actually proper settings to not miss textures there's a hideous filter whenever I use Slowdown which actively slows my performance to a nightmare chug. So I'll have to work on something else.

I'll try to figure something else out. The Bomberman games are really easy to rip textures from and look great for editing but god they seem like no fun at all.

e: I could honestly see myself replaying Viewtiful Joe if I can find a way to cheat in invulnerability and like one hit kills, that'd actually be fine and I wouldn't have to rely on slowmo that much.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 7, 2016

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Speaking of suggestions, hey Pins did you ever finish your side project?

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Putty posted:

he told me he has other LP things he'd want to focus on more

boy pins for a guy who doesnt watch lps you sure make a lot of em!

Well he makes up for not finishing things in quantity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Putty what if we repaint Dark Souls, that's something you can actually do.

e: i'm gonna rip it (the teextures)

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 10, 2016

• Locked thread