Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
And from working along side a marine unit, marines only seem to give a gently caress about what they look like to their superiors, so they can get promoted. If they think that they need to put your life and health and well being in danger, then they don't give a gently caress.

Which basically makes it identical to the army in that respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
When I had to sit through that sexual assault awareness thing put on by those 2 actors within the confines of an infantry battalion....

Never saw such hopelessness and simultaneous disgust as I've seen on those actors faces when most of the soldiers present said it was totally okay to keep going if she said no.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
It's legit. I went from being a permanent resident to actual citizen halfway through basic.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Please try not to kill yourself when you realize that army has no concern with how well you can fight a war, only how you look and randomly yell words that basically have no meaning.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Immediately.

Sometimes this kind of poo poo can be solved a phone call from your commander up to battalion, and from there over to who handles medical.

Other times not, but it can't hurt.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Unless something's changed you could extend 6 months to get your poo poo altogether. Then use GI Bill/unemployment/use your clearance if you have one to get a gig that doesn't so closely resemble hell.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

HELLBITCH posted:

He said to tell you to go shine your Combat Action Badge and make sure the AC is working

He might think that's edgy and cool and all but he just outed himself as retarded.

Don't be like that.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Family told you to enlist and not commission.

They hate your guts.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
What we're saying is go with options 3, and don't touch the military.

But okay sunshine, you seem pretty set on this, so I'll spell it out for you.

If you have no moto boner to kill brown people or act out call of duty, the go air force services and hand out towels at the gym for 3 years. Your family will undoubtedly make fun of you forever but you should get out of it in one piece and have the exact same benefits anyone else does when anyone gets out.

If you've got a moto boner then no poo poo go army 18X. Combat arms is garbage so you might as well go whole hog. When you almost certainly medical out or quit, you'll go back to an infantry unit where some people will want to suck your dick for even attempting SF, while you await your ETS or medical chapter.

But in reality in basic training your depression will likely flare up really bad (don't take this personally, in basic training any kind of latent mental issues that people have flare up waaaay worse than before, there are poo poo loads of drops and chapters for this alone) and you'll quit, be in an absolutely sorry state that you probably will take ages to recover from. Assuming you do.

But then again when you disclose previous treatment for depression at MEPS they might just black list you immediately and really that will be the biggest favor the military could possibly do for you.

Alternatively you could finish your semester and try in earnest to transfer and finish your degree. It is literally the path of least resistance, least risk, and best possible outcome.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
My second last commander got QSPd and the brigade commander got a bug up his rear end about 60 days ETS leave. Will he dick you on it? He drat sure might. Can he do it and stay in the rules? ... probably not. My old commander was getting QSP'd and was mad as gently caress about it and went all gently caress the army, so he threw everyone at it including IG complaints. He got his 60 days of leave eventually probably because he was such a pain in the rear end and wouldn't go away.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, but the difference in the military is that they can literally gently caress you 24 hours a day under threat of being imprisoned.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Okay, just quick

I'm pretty sure you can't sign up when you are not in the US.

Unless someone's got another birds eye view then always go air force.

You want Japan? You probably won't get it because gently caress you that's why

Getting sued is gonna be a problem

If you want linguistics, like a cryptolinguist, you're gonna need a TS clearance with SCI and polygraph. But forgetting all that fancy stuff, number one reason for getting a clearance denied is bad credit.

I'd go with the "just try super hard to fix that garbage and get student loans" option.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You father is a loving idiot, you are correct, there is nothing good that can come from that.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I remember a few companies, Leidos being one of them, that have been sponsoring Secret clearances for non clearance havers. I don't know if it's still true.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Oh yeah, depending on your job choice, your training pipeline could be up to 2 years for some of them TS/SCI jobs (language school).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yo scientist dude, you got some scoliosis and wanna do stupid infantry poo poo, you're probably gonna end up with a completely hosed up spine and pain and mobility problems for life don't do that poo poo.