Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Vahakyla posted:

I wrote about my story here a while back, and I thought I was boned in regards to options.

Today my phone rang, and a MSG that handled my last fuckup almost a half a year ago informed that he hasn't forgotten me, and that he felt bad always, and that has gotten me into airborne option, and that he has gotten me a 5000 dollar cash bonus, but I better get prepared since the bus leaves recruiting office on monday the 5th at noon.

So drat, someone actually gave a poo poo about my personal wants. I'll be damned, but here we go. Going to get my packing done.

You are damned. To boredom. lovely haircuts. Peers straight from the trailer park. Getting screamed at. Picking up someone else's cigarette butts with your hands. Raking rocks. Trimming grass with scissors. Sitting in the barracks 24 hours straight to babysit the morons in your batallion. Getting up everyone morning in the dark and stumbling to a formation of assholes standing around acting like fucktards. You'll be stuck at Ft Bragg your entire miserable career and you won't know it's happening, but one day you'll look in the mirror and see yet another dipshit airborne try hard staring back at you and you'll cry into your raspberry beret. Then you'll plan on drinking every day of the last 1000 days you have committed to the Army and stop once you get a DUI and find yourself a private all over again.

Worst part is you might never go to war. You might leave the Army a slick sleeve bitch.

Luckily it's not the 5th yet so take the most important advice you'll ever get in your whole life and call that recruiter and tell him to gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
'I want to be close to the action'

*enlists as a 68w, proceeds to be a part of the worst healthcare system on the planet and never leaves a doctors office*

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Sure buddy. Every drat thing under the 82nd is Airborne. Hell, I think there's still an airborne corp. But I'm sure you know best, have fun accusing people of malingering and having to diagnose whatever is seeping out of Pvt. Johnsons johnson

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Also have fun tending to people who pass out during formations and during runs and having to haul water everywhere cause dehydration is going to be the biggest enemy of these United States you'll be fighting

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Basic is legit the funnest part of the Army, you better savor it before you get married at Ft Sam Houston to an ugly rear end trailer trash medic who will give you an STD. At least you'll easily be able to identify syphillis when you start working sick call.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Mustang posted:

Basic was the longest 10 weeks of my life. All Army poo poo all day for 10 weeks and tons of standing around, especially during the marksmanship weeks. So loving boring. I did it in winter and privates would smoke themselves just to stay warm.

Yes. Like I said it's the funnest part of the Army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Don't take advice from that cherry AIT POG. He doesn't even know how much the Army sucks yet.

Also why don't you get a job as a CPA you loving idiot. Or be a tax accountant. Or go do bookkeeping for some small company. Literally anything other than the insanely stupid and gay and awful Army.

If you want to get the full experience start drinking a handle of tequila every night and then punch yourself in the face until you vomit. Give yourself a four day weekend from doing this once a month. And every other month go camping for three weeks at a time, but don't bring any tequila and punch yourself all night long and try to sleep it off in the daytime. Make sure you do all of this rocking the stupidest loving haircut you can imagine while wearing Affliction shirts and driving a car you can't afford. After four years evaluate how you feel about having done this day in and day out and if it still seems cool then you should enlist.