Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Godholio posted:

I don't know who half the people in there are.

NSA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Olothreutes posted:

Thanks, I'll definitely keep an eye out. I'm 33 so I have the potential benefit of needing a waiver for any fleet positions, so that should hopefully make things easier to keep straight. Now I just have to figure out how much the job actually pays, I'm being told different things from different places. Someone today said it would be paid as an officer, as opposed to the general schedule. That's a pretty large difference, from O1 to GS13/14, GS13 base pay is basically twice what an O1 makes. That will matter for me.

I'm not sure about the direct input nuclear folks, but a lot of other direct input officers commission at a rank higher then O-1. Possibly O-2 or even O-3. Still less then a GS-13/14, but not terrible especially after you factor in BAH.