Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al Capwn
Nov 18, 2004
Currently in the Navy, entered bootcamp in March with IT as my rate. Passed IT A school, but here is my problem: My security clearance.

I was interviewed by someone working for the FBI in boot camp, and that's pretty much it. None of my family or listed friends have been interviewed. So I'm currently at a shore command with no clearance and not being able to really be qualified to handle some of the equipment we have. After talking to a YN1 in the shop I work at, they found out on JPAS my security clearance investigation said it was discontinued. I have student loans that I am paying off ( will pay it off by December of this year) and I have foreign relatives in NZ and AU that I don't really keep in contact. Now this is concerning to me because my big fear right now is being re-rated. I do not want to go undes or have to do A school as a different rate. I've talked to my command about this and they aren't the biggest help as they don't know any information as well. Since I have zero idea of what is to come, wondering if anyone has been through this experience and what the outcome has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU