Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

:(:hf::(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

What's my best option if I want to get some online college courses done?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Godholio posted:

Start with where you want to actually use those credits, then find a program they'll accept transfers from.
I already have a BA in chemistry, so I really don't know if I am able to go for a second BA, a Masters or what I should go for.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

enlist in the coast guard

then go MST

then get kicked out after looking how looong the waiting time for school is.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

i am gonna use my tuition assistance and gi bill to get a teaching certificate and a Masters in teaching and education. gonna become a teacher after i retire, then tell my students to not join the military

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Godholio posted:

If you know where you want to be, look up the local Troops to Teachers program. They may have surprising requirements that influence the path you take.

I wish, Oregon is OK, i cant afford california and i still have 10 more years of i wanna retire.

Stultus Maximus posted:

I am a teacher. Teaching degrees are the worst. Get a degree in what you want to teach and find out what alternate certificate methods your state offers.

I already have a Bachelor of science degree in chemistry. Since i wanna use TA for my masters, gently caress if i know what online only masters i could get with that.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

So far it seems the way to go is to see what state I will retire to, then go to one of their programs and get certificated in them.
Edit: This seems to be the way to go, at least in Oregon.

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I dont know if its the same in the other branches but the Coast Guard just recently authorized people who want to pursue a second Associates/Bachelors to use Tuition Assistance.