Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Mr Newsman posted:

I've got a masters degree in engineering and currently teach engineering undergrads at a state university. It's dull as hell and on a year by year contract that has nothing to do with performance.

Had a buddy of mine stop by my office yesterday who was in town recruiting at the career fairs and he did his job and got me interested in checking out potential careers.

Wondering if anyone has gone in (I'm 29 late this year) with advanced education and viewed it as a positive experience. I might qualify for some of the Navy Biochem positions based on some work I've done before/during academia but I don't know for sure - he didn't have any experience with that side of stuff.

Thoughts? I get paid poo poo now but have decent benefits and a ton of time off. I was the first dude in my family to not go into the military so I know a bit about what it's like, although we had it pretty easy mostly.

gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU