Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarlath
Apr 4, 2006

Typical Gnu posted:

I'm looking at Intelligence Application, Imagery, Signals Intelligence, Electronic Intelligence

From a bit ago but if you still have questions I was an Intel applications troop (1N0)for a few years and now supervise sigint imagery and Elint troops on the O side as well. Basically, as an Intel applications dude you translate all the nerd rear end Intel poo poo into something that pilots and commanders can actually understand and use, either in the form of the almighty PowerPoint or a written report. If that sounds dry, it kind of is, but it's also probably the most fulfilling kind of Intel work in my opinion since we steal all the credit from the other jobs.

Imagery is what it sounds like, look at pictures and make call outs based on what you see. Also includes full motion video stuff so if you wanna watch a dude gently caress a goat for twelve hours and then maybe see someone get blowed up (or blown) then this is the job for you.

Electronic Intel basically deals with radar emissions and gets into some real beeps and squeaks poo poo to identify them. It's the shortest Intel school (only 3 months) and in my opinion it's the least transferable skill outside the military but it is cool, complex and important in its niche.

Signals deals with basically everything that isn't a radar, a picture or a spoken language. They look at weird poo poo, try to make sense of it, and report out. Nothing they say makes sense to anyone else, which is why you need the 1N0s who marginally get what the gently caress they are on about.

You didn't mention linguists but that's the other enlisted Intel career field in the AF. They all basically hate their job, the school loving blows and is hard but hey, you'll be fluent as poo poo in a critical language so job skills right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU