Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...
Nm.

nullandvoid fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Sorry fo more wheelchair question but I'm taking it to my kids school trip tomorrow and I'm doing everything can man to more sure don't get stranded orclueless and the I know everything about it

I found this video when looking for guides:

https://youtu.be/nxX1WmbXB3c?feature=shared

IT's titled battery install and removal but that is not the battery I have the manual calls it a battery case. What is does it hold a charge? it's shown being charged in the video.

For reference here's where mine looks like:

https://www.millercare.co.uk/quickie-carbon-q50-replacement-battery/ d so I'm wondering if I actually have 3batteries total and was not told, the VA wheelchair repair shop said not talk about th"battery" in that video at all when training me.

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 28, 2024

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

PageMaster posted:

Sorry fo more wheelchair question but I'm taking it to my kids school trip tomorrow and I'm doing everything can man to more sure don't get stranded orclueless and the I know everything about it

I found this video when looking for guides:

https://youtu.be/nxX1WmbXB3c?feature=shared

IT's titled battery install and removal but that is not the battery I have the manual calls it a battery case. What is does it hold a charge? it's shown being charged in the video.

For reference here's where mine looks like:

https://www.millercare.co.uk/quickie-carbon-q50-replacement-battery/ d so I'm wondering if I actually have 3batteries total and was not told, the VA wheelchair repair shop said not talk about th"battery" in that video at all when training me.

I would need you to be very specific here, so that I don't give you the wrong information. The wheelchair you show in that YouTube link is the non-carbon-fiber (probably aluminum) version of the Quickie C50, which has a large battery which removes from the rear of the wheelchair.

Can you confirm if the wheelchair you were given is actually the "Quickie Q50 Carbon" that you said yours looks like? If that is true, the battery can be removed by hand from the front of the wheelchair. You could bring extra batteries with you, and swap them much like you would change the battery on a power tool.

What makes you think you have 3 batteries total? Could you have someone take a clear picture of the wheelchair and all the batteries / accessories?

edit: I'm going to take a guess here. If you have the "Q50 Carbon" model, the front "battery case" has two battery slots on it, which each take a battery. If they gave you a battery for both slots, then you have 2 batteries, because the "battery case" itself contains no energy, it just holds the 2 batteries. The website says each 3-pound battery gives 7.5 miles range, so with both you should have around 15 miles range. But please have someone help you with some pictures so I can confirm!

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 28, 2024

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

I would need you to be very specific here, so that I don't give you the wrong information. The wheelchair you show in that YouTube link is the non-carbon-fiber (probably aluminum) version of the Quickie C50, which has a large battery which removes from the rear of the wheelchair.

Can you confirm if the wheelchair you were given is actually the "Quickie Q50 Carbon" that you said yours looks like? If that is true, the battery can be removed by hand from the front of the wheelchair. You could bring extra batteries with you, and swap them much like you would change the battery on a power tool.

What makes you think you have 3 batteries total? Could

Thanks. I have theq50r carbon with the two removable front batteries. I didn't even notice it wasnt the carbon in the video. I assumed that I might have 3rd battery because the video was titled battery removal but showed something different from my two.;I didn't realize it a different chair modeso I must have that same battery

Auto I'm probably over thinking or over complicating this d over thinking this so I missed that detail (I honestly thought thatvideo was showing a q50r carbon). Tomorrow is my first day since I was found to need a chair thatI'll be taking it out in public, in crowded pieces, public transport, etc and today I couldn't even get up on my driveway because of a tiny 1" "cur at the bottom of the driveway different so I'm still a little apprehensive

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Apr 28, 2024

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Glad I could help. If you had trouble making it up the 1-inch curb your first time using it, it may have simply been shipped with the batteries stored at a low charge % (this is common practice).

Take both batteries out, and charge each all the way up with the charger.

This is your manual... as they say, R.T.F.M.: https://www.sunrisemedical.com/getattachment/d126b6d9-6ddd-4a0b-a8ae-d1cf415ce804/.aspx

It says that the two battery slots on the wheelchair are Slot A and B. If you're sitting in it, Slot A is your left-hand side. That's the only slot that pulls energy from the battery. Slot B is just to hold a battery, it has no electrical connection in it. So, they expect you to reach down and switch the two batteries if you run out of range. I can't find a single YouTube video demonstrating the battery swap. But, if you plug a single battery in and it works, that's the "active" slot, the other is the "storage" slot.

edit: if you have a full charge and it still can't handle your curb, well, a curb going straight up, even just an inch, is still technically a 90-degree incline. Have someone make some little ramps to smooth out the curb and that could fix it.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Apr 28, 2024

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

Glad I could help. If you had trouble making it up the 1-inch curb your first time using it, it may have simply been shipped with the batteries stored at a low charge % (this is common practice).

Take both batteries out, and charge each all the way up with the charger.

This is your manual... as they say, R.T.F.M.: https://www.sunrisemedical.com/getattachment/d126b6d9-6ddd-4a0b-a8ae-d1cf415ce804/.aspx

It says that the two battery slots on the wheelchair are Slot A and B. If you're sitting in it, Slot A is your left-hand side. That's the only slot that pulls energy from the battery. Slot B is just to hold a battery, it has no electrical connection in it. So, they expect you to reach down and switch the two batteries if you run out of range. I can't find a single YouTube video demonstrating the battery swap. But, if you plug a single battery in and it works, that's the "active" slot, the other is the "storage" slot.

edit: if you have a full charge and it still can't handle your curb, well, a curb going straight up, even just an inch, is still technically a 90-degree incline. Have someone make some little ramps to smooth out the curb and that could fix it.

Thanks you so much for all the help, you'ved helped more than I could have hoped when I posted my first questions. Just glad I found the wheelchair expert before I took it out on the roads for the first timeAnd you'veprobably saved me from apossible very me about the side of the battery box thadoesnt actually do anything except store a spare. VA just popped a plastic cover over hat side so you just can't use it at all hadnt told me why yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Died the VA offer or cover in home. Hospice care? Or only in their own hospice facility?

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 3, 2024