Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
Hey goons, I need some help
I have a VRE counselor, but I don't know if they're right.

I have been using the post 9/11 bill to go to school.I had access to the MGIB but I transferred it over before I got out after ascertaining it was probably the better way for me. I had a MGIB kicker on my enlistment, which paid all throughout my school. I'm at my last semester and will be using VRE for it, as I only have 2 months available of time left and that won't quite cover the end of the school year, and I hope to get my masters as well.

My VRE rep told me that I was going to have to pay back $500 of the kicker every month if I used some new program she was telling me about that would "pay back" my 9/11 bill, so I'm doing something else instead.

My disabilities have made all of this VERY difficult for me to process. I've asked for more clarifications and in the email I just received I got "The repayment of kicker is related to the retro of Post 911 under the VRE program. You can decline the retro of Post 911 benefits under the VRE program."
This means literally nothing to me, I do not understand it. I asked my clinic to have the social worker call me for a phone appointment, and nobody ever called me when they are supposed to.

I'm very frustrated and worried I'm not going to have the right answers before school starts in the fall...
I have a lot of trouble understanding and reading text these days... can anyone help me?
I am looking for the most $$$ while I go to school. It's keeping me from being homeless basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
lol I cross-posted to reddit as well and he's responding to me already. Good to know he comes recommended ty.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
Hey all, looking for advice:

I am currently in an appeal for an increase in my mental health rating (30%) due to multiple issues in my life and coming up with a late diagnose PTSD assessment (and getting told I can't combine it/replace it etc). Long story short, in working with the DAV with my appeals, they triggered a TDIU form to be sent to me since my combined total is 70% ( I also have a physical rating). I called my rep (DAV) but the guy was terse and kinda unhelpful overall, so I thought I might ask here.

Looking for some advice on how to fill this out to be most helpful to me? Last "long term job" I got fired from in 2019, I've had like 2 other jobs that gave out w2s (they were temp jobs, too physical for me to continue) since then but I've just been riding my GI bill for money since I've been fighting my appeal and stuff (I am in my last semester).

Open to DMs as well, thanks in advance.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I've never filled out a TDIU form, but I have a good friend and fellow GIP'er that gets TDIU, and he might be able to help you.

He doesn't post here anymore because reasons but I bet he'd be willing to PM you if he's willing to help.

Keep an eye on your PM's, no promises but I'm calling him tomorrow morning to talk poo poo anyway.

Thanks I appreciate it, I have questions like "should I even put temporary jobs on here" and "do I put things if they were so many years ago...." "Do I bother with the tinnitus or just focus on my other physical", "should I fill out these forms asking the temp jobs to give the VA information"
"Does being in the GI Bill disqualify me or anything "