Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
Question, I am thinking of going to the Northeast for college. All the schools I would like to go to are yellow ribbon, but I assume I should email them about fall admissions since it is already this late in the year, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

So because I was a dumb kid, I had nongrades (I left college, its all paid off) 6 years ago, got into the military ,and now I'm almost ready to go back to college. I have filled out the application for one transcript, but the other is a lovely community college and it will take lord knows how long to get the transcripts from then. Between that and waiting for the Navy to give me my exact "out" date. (I still don't have it, but I have a sign that it will be 'soon'), I am seriously at risk of missing deadlines. Should I just go to a community college that has guaranteed IN (the VCC system will have a guaranteed seat to say ODU,) or do you all know of any other solutions. My only reason for not applying sooner was my dates were in "the cloud" but I just got word today that command is saying "Yes we support your discharge" and honorable is almost in hand.

Again, thanks for all, and you guys have been amazing people to me!

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

MancXVI posted:

Are you looking to start school in the Fall?

I'd like to, if not its "welp sit on my rear end and do nothing but work part time for 3 months"

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

Thanks everyone for the advice. I have a question. does GI benefits transfer between colleges (IE you go to a community college, get the 3-3.5 GPA, then go to a 4 year to finish the undergrad?)

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

Ol, so I have my medical records and I know when I go to the VA to register I never get those records back. Should I just suck it up and personally copy my records or are the CDs they gave me as part of outprocessing my compete medical/dental record. If they are that saves me a fuckton of time, if not I want to know if it's my personal project to copy all of these records before going to the VA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

The stuff on the CD is not the same as the hard copy records they gave you! Make a copy of all that stuff and print out whatever's on the CD, then give those copies to the VA.

Yeah, I know it's a lot, but it's not too bad to copy all of it if you have access to a decent copier at your office or school.

Thank you! I don't have an office (I work in field service so it's the best of all worlds except having my "corporate hq" be in the middle of nowhere) so I will cry and spent the 49 bucks on a new laser printer ink ream.

Again, thanks, NJ VA has been helpful but this was the one thing I was confused about.