Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Is it a good idea to take mini-mester classes (ie 4 weeks, one 3 credit class counting as full-time) while using the Post-9/11? I know just from a get your degree as fast as possible standpoint it's obviously better, but I'm considering my options to see if it's in the cards to stretch the blood money and go for a PA program (90% are graduate-level, a few undergrad left) without taking a ruinous amount of loans for grad school.

If your major has some stuff that could be applied to research fields, maybe you could see about helping out a professor or something through a program like the NIH offers at some schools. Might get you a few grand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

My Ombudsman sent me a link that might be useful if some of you guys have spouses that are interested in going to school or know of a spouse of a wounded/fallen service member that is having trouble funding school. The spouses that can apply for scholarships need to meet any of the following:

-a military spouse with a valid military ID.

-are married to an active duty, reserve, guard, retired, medically retired, wounded or fallen service member (must be a service-related wound, illness, injury or death that took place after September 11, 2001).

-are a dual service military spouse are a divorced spouse, but ONLY if you receive 20/20/20 benefits or 20/20/15 benefits.

-are married when we ask for verification paperwork, usually a month after the applications close.

The link is:
[url] http://www.militaryfamily.org/spouses-scholarships/scholarships.html [/url]

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Arc Light posted:

Is molar grinding an actual, no-poo poo rating?

if so, I might need to talk to my base dentist.

It can also be tied in to other ratings, I've heard of people having it coupled up with their anxiety and a few other diagnosis. Some military hospitals have civilians on a loan from the VA that sit in an office and answer questions about ratings. The quality of these people may vary.

If you have any questions on payment coverage for different things, try getting a hold of a Health Benefits Advisor (job titles may vary a little depending on location), but it's pretty much a person in a hospital whose sole purpose in life is to code the referrals sent in and out of a hospital to rate if the government should foot the bill or if responsibility for treatment falls on the patient. This can be helpful in preventing you from getting the bill after seeing a provider for a while, only to find out that what you were seen for wasn't covered. I've only seen this happen in some cases of mental health from patients, but it's best to be safe than pay hundreds if not thousands of dollars for an appointment/medications you've already gone to/picked up. A case manager might also be able to get you a list of approved providers in the area covered by the government insurance, but their job is primarily in getting information from hospitals about patients being seen outside of the military/government healthcare system.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Residency Evil posted:

Out of curiosity, how often have you guys heard of people embellishing the stories they tell their C&P examiners or faking symptoms to get a higher rating? Is that something you guys think happens often? Ever?

I saw a bit of that happening during my group sessions at Pendleton. Guys would come in and refuse to speak during groups, keep their shades on and whatnot then when the sessions ended the ones that were usually faking would take off their shades and suddenly become chatter boxes only to put on the face of whatever was going on when the group sessions started all over again. Some of them would straight up get called out by guys in the group that deployed with them.