Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
I am finally(!) in my last semester at my university and graduate in May. I've been using a portion of my husband's GI Bill that he split between our daughter and me. I had two weeks left when this semester began (only half time woohoo!) and my tuition was paid and my book stipend showed up with no problems. However, today I checked the bank and there was no deposit for the partial BAH for January. I was wondering if because I only had two weeks left that it means I won't be receiving any of the housing allowance (which I know would have been halved due to my half-time status). I guess I should note that I've received BAH with no problems the last couple of years of attendance.

My daughter is also just started using her portion to go to university full-time where she lives (Omaha). Could her receiving BAH for herself end my allowance? It will only sting a little if this is how that works, was just hoping I could get some much needed dental work done in case I can't make it to March 1st (when our dental benefits kick in).

Blue Squares: :boom:

Svanja fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
re: My earlier post with questions.

Ok, think I found my answer here: "If the GI-Bill benefit was transferred to you, transferred benefits are day for day – just like those who hit the 48 month maximum. If the transferred benefit ends in the middle of the semester, all the tuition and fees will be prorated to a daily rate for tuition, as well as for the BAH; however, the book stipend will be paid in full (not prorated)."

Read more at: https://www.navycs.com/blogs/2011/08/15/when-the-gi-bill-entitlement-exhausts-during-a-term

So, looks like my tuition was completely covered (I checked my bill online and it was paid in full), but I'm now out of the BAH entitlement. Darn it.

Svanja fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Feb 1, 2016