Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
My VA claim for my back was just completed after only something like 2 months, which was surprisingly quick from what I was expecting. I sort of got screwed over by the C&P examiner on the range of motion test. The thing is I'm not exactly keen on submitting an appeal and wait just for the chance of the same thing happening again. Would it be better to wait a while (and have regular visits with DR/ortho in the mean time) then maybe apply for an increase while having one of them fill out a DBQ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

your best bet would be to talk to someone at DAV or the like and have them work with you on the appeal. what'd you get rated as?

I got rated 10% because the examiner put down that my only limited ROM was forward flexion and that was 80 degrees, which is nuts. From my super unscientific view with a mirror I can't bend more than 30-40 without pain. Never mind flare ups where I can hardly move. Then again I guess it's possible I'm being retarded and they measure it differently. I think part of the problem was even though I have records of going to PT, pain management, etc I don't have a solid diagnoses because I hardly ever got the chance to do anything with being TDY all the time my last year in. That plus minor scoliosis (of course Army didn't cause that) plus ROM reading is what got me 10 I'm sure.

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us

McNally posted:

They don't measure how much ROM you have without pain, they measure how much ROM you have period. Doesn't matter if any movement at all causes pain, if you have 100% range of motion but you're screaming the whole time, that's 0%.

My examiner told me to stop when I felt pain, so I did. That was way before 80 which is what I'm sort of confused about I guess. I don't mind too much either way just wanted to sort of gauge whether or not I should bother trying to appeal or just increase later.