Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Is it a good idea to take mini-mester classes (ie 4 weeks, one 3 credit class counting as full-time) while using the Post-9/11? I know just from a get your degree as fast as possible standpoint it's obviously better, but I'm considering my options to see if it's in the cards to stretch the blood money and go for a PA program (90% are graduate-level, a few undergrad left) without taking a ruinous amount of loans for grad school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i took interim courses every chance i could, just as a way to bang out stupid classes i didnt want to sit through for a semester.

an online intro to theater course to count as my arts elective.
a 2 week public speaking course where every speech is improvised.

poo poo like that, you bang em out quick, get the credit, and only have to sit next to a 400 lb blob wearing the same anime t-shirt every day for 2 weeks instead of a full semester

Oh I understand that it's a lot faster to bang out some classes in these mini-mesters, but is it worth it to burn 4 weeks of blood money for one 3 credit course?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

blue squares posted:

I'm getting my teaching certificate (but that was a good burn).

It makes me glad that someone whose sole purpose in life seems to be serving as a warning to others is really thriving despite the odds.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

goodness posted:

Question about a credit card: I have never had one before but I am trying to get one now. My dad is a veteran and he got my brother one through their service, is that card actually good to use over some other basic one?

Depends on the bank you're using now. USAA and Navy Fed are both great credit unions, have a bunch of cool and convenient poo poo from their respective smartphone apps, and in my experience have had a hair trigger for jumping up peoples poo poo when something sketchy (ie outside of your usual spending patterns and/or geography) gets put on your card.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Admiral Bosch posted:

yo if you're a literal retard and you lost your fancy pants discharge cert between moves but you want it to tack onto a resume how do you go about replacing it in an expedient fashion

hoping there's some magic trick i can work

i'd just use my dd214 but i was a reservist and the only 214 i got is explicitly for the one year period i was activated, and not my entire reserve contract

Google "discharge certificate copy", should be literally the first result. 214s you could get through your state's department of vet affairs since most people automatically tick that box to have copies forwarded when they get their walking papers, but I don't think that applies for the certificate itself.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Should I bother talking to a VSO before getting the results of a sleep study done? The only other proactive thing I can think of to do is get a statement or two from some of the poor unfortunate bastards in my platoon about how I snored like a retarded chainsaw that occasionally stopped breathing. I sure as hell didn't sleep for 10 hours and wake up feeling like I'd had <4 constantly before the Army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Oh I'm not going anywhere near the VA without a VSO, I was just wondering about before I even start that process.