Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Elsa posted:

I think this conversation could have been easier if you started what you know: retirement-related TSP and Roth IRAs may disqualify you from receiving benefits. And then included a message to say don't worry, unless you are old as balls and made it to 20+ years you should start the filing process possibly online in your state of residence when you have your DD214 and Social Security card in hand.

Furthermore, disability payments at less than the 100% certified unemployable rate, and the GI Bill benefits including housing allowance don't prevent unemployment benefit eligibility. So you can, in fact, attend school under the assistance of the VA, have a disability rating and payment, and collect unemployment.

Due to a recent change in Voc Rehab I suggest using it instead of GI Bill, because Voc rehab does not eat into remaining GI Bill time.

Woah woah woah. Can you elaborate and show some proof of this because if so I'm doing undergrad on VR&E and my masters on Post 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
What if you take the full BAH? Because VR&E has a different BAH setup for those that either don't want or can't use the Post 9/11 GI Bill.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Not that I can think of.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I can't find anything saying this new rule exists. Anyone else have any luck?