Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Still waiting to hear back from Voc Rehab to see if I'm approved or not. The orientation was about two weeks ago so it should be soon.

Anyway, I start an internship in DC in the fall, and I wonder if it's possible to get voc rehab to pay the housing allowance. I mean, it is working towards employment and everything. Does that happen? I've looked online and have t gotten conclusive answers.

Edit: I assure you, this internship is not at a paint store.

Time Crisis Actor fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Nobody has anything? Voc rehab gurus? Vasudus? Satan?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Just a job. My school doesn't offer credit for internships

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Deathy McDeath posted:

Still waiting to hear back from Voc Rehab to see if I'm approved or not. The orientation was about two weeks ago so it should be soon.

Anyway, I start an internship in DC in the fall, and I wonder if it's possible to get voc rehab to pay the housing allowance. I mean, it is working towards employment and everything. Does that happen? I've looked online and have t gotten conclusive answers.

Quoting myself from a few months back: the answer is YES. The program is called Non-Paid Work Experience (NPWE) program, and needs to be set up with the company/agency prior to starting the internship/training.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I have a very specific question:

I used ch 33 for most of school, and switched over to ch 31 in the last year. Great, right? Well, I'm only 4 credits away from graduating due to some funkery from last semester, and as you know ch 31 won't pay for anything under 6 credits. Additionally, ch 31 will ONLY pay for the credits that I absolutely need and nothing more. That means that I'm on the hook for the tuition cost as well as housing. My VA rep said that I should switch back to ch 33 in order to register for full time and get BAH and all that.

My question is that if I switch back to ch 33 can I then switch back to ch 31 if I want to do grad school or some other type of training? Or is it lost forever?

Thanks bros.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Yeah I'm finished will all major and core requirements, those 4 credits are just raw credit reqs for the degree. I can take anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Kawasaki Nun posted:

find two 3 credit courses?

The problem is not taking the courses. It's paying for them AND affording rent. 4 credits is $6,500.