Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
can someone remind me where to pull my VMET, the joint military transcripts thing? I thought it was on the ebenefits site but i'm retarded and not seeing it

nvm, dmdc

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
*DO NOT GET A MILITARY STAR CARD*

I mean I don't know if they are bad or not, I just know that 99% of soldiers don't pay them and the CO gets a letter

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
man somehow gotta figure out how to access your OMPF if thats even possible

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
If you were reserve, not guard, then the state wouldn't matter. This all seems to indicate that you should try HRC in Knox

https://www.hrc.army.mil/tagd/requesting%20copies%20of%20your%20military%20records

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
or you can do what I'm sure lots of fakers have done

http://www.military-certificates.com/Cert_Army_Honorable_discharge.htm

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Please help me out but I can't imagine "firefighting" on board an awacs can't be more complicated than "spray fire extinguisher at burning poo poo"

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
that and I paid an additional $600 into MGIB for a higher payout, I wonder how I get that back :mad:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Ok has anyone done a dity move post retirement?

http://www.dfas.mil/militarymembers/travelpay/armypcs/endofmilitaryservice.html

i'm reading this and it sounds like I just do it and submit the paperwork after I'm done?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Not trying to be shady at all with this, and my year to do this runs out in Oct so I'm good to go on that front. Thanks.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
call me dumb but why does a job need unsealed medical records, that seems extreme to me.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i probably would have torn the phone off the wall if I somehow was using a wall mounted rotary phone in 2016

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
or Fort HOod National Bank they're good people :thumbsup:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Are you TRDL or Permanently Retired?

You could consider filing for SSDI. It would take a few months for you to get the money from it though. You really won't have the option of working for a bit, but maybe the money can give you some breathing room while you figure some stuff out.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I don't know the status of Tuition Assistance, but if it's available see about going to a community college for free/cheap in the meantime

I think with USAR they made you have to be in your unit for a year or something though, no idea about ARNG.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Yeah it's cheap as gently caress. You'd be stupid not to take it. Tricare Prime (Prime Remote) really isnt all that bad once you take the army poo poo out of it. You just get a primary care giver that covers it and I think it's like $10 copay or something per appointment and I don't think I pay like $40 a month for the plan. You run into the occasional "tri care doesn't cover this thing" but I'm sure it's no worse than whatever you can afford in the real world.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
man now that I'm looking I don't think I ever got my book stipend

i'm looking through my bank and I don't think I got it. Is there another way online to check the status of it or do I need to go to the school and talk to them?

edit: and of course they're out of the office this week

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 17, 2016

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Yah I mean I have no practical experience but as a veteran if someone is ~representing me~ I'd rather them not be dressed like some stereotypical veteran y'know?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I opted out of Voc Rehab when she wanted a list of all my meds and wanted to track that poo poo.

My buddy is going through voc rehab, and like first year college students are prone to do, decided he wanted to change his program. His counselor made him go get psyche evals before he would approve that.

I'm not saying VR is bad but it's kinda invasive imo.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
so did that dude end up enlisting as chemical or what

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

AFStealth posted:

Anyone bought a house with a VA loan before separating and going back to school? Looking at 2 years of grad school and I'd rather use my gi bill BAH to pay for my own house, but I know I wouldn't be able to qualify for a loan after I separate.

Just looking for experiences I guess. I have quite a bit saved up too, which is nice.

I did, it was easy as hell relatively, got the mortgage through USAA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'd apply as soon as possible, it took me like 2 months to even get my first appointment. Worst case scenario you get processed into the system and any later appointments should be faster to get.