Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Libluini posted:

OK, let's do this!

Star Ocean the Second Story was a game I loved as a teenager, and played to death. Sadly, as we had not much money, I played it on a used PSX using a very badly made bootleg (I think the print on one of the CDs was even slightly green, but it's been literally decades since then so I don't remember the details.) that I got for cheap in a video rental store.

The discs had been treated badly too, and where scratched enough the game tended to crash a lot. In the bonus dungeon near the end it got so bad I gave up.

But, time to finally finish this game for good! After a failed attempt at using my original (not the "original", those discs are long since dead) CDs for a German LP, I've decided to restart with the English-language European version and this time I'm determined to get through it!

Anyway, Star Ocean 2's beginning is rather slow, so this first video is roughly 1/2 half of the intro.

And I hosed up the audio balancing when recording, I try to do better next time.

:siren: Part 01: Lots of Talking :siren:

SO2 hit me at the right time for me to love all the tedious insane grinding of a JRPG. A few years earlier I wouldn't have been organized enough mentally to play it like a robot, a few years later I had too many other things I wanted to do with my time to tolerate mashing hundreds of menu items thousands of times.

I don't think that is essential to SO2 but boy howdy it sure is how I played it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU