Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

CommissarMega posted:

As I recall, Fall and War for Cybertron are supposed to be a reboot which ties in somewhat with the Transformers Prime 3d cartoon, which is definitely something people should watch. There are human characters, and one of them is quite annoying in the first season, but even so, she doesn't appear all that much, and the Transformers are really given a time to shine. Best of all once that season's done, things get so, so much better. I really can't recommend the show enough.

It's more like they work off the same notes

Like if it was The Lord of The Rings, one would be the Balski Cartoon and one would be the Peter Jackson Film
But the Prime cartoon barely references this backstory anyway and is its own thing.
It's worth watching just if you think Blum has limited range as a voice actor to hear him camp it up as Starscream. IT. IS. LORRRRRRRD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
shovel knight might not be perfectly NES but it still holds to more of the restrictions than just about anything else out there. I don't think it would gain more by being more slavishly restrictive to the NES's incapabilities, and really you can only get so close to that before poo poo just starts becoming annoying isntead of immersive (lets include slowdown and flickering too, that'll be real immersive!)

It's a far cry from a poo poo ton of indie games that just have programmer art or are low effort poo poo and claim to be eight bit.

There's a precious few of them that actually DO look almost exactly like the old games. Like the first La Mulana, and You Have To Win the Game.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
WHAT COULD PAWSIBBLY GO WRONG

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

ChaosArgate posted:

At least the Neo Geo guys bought that emulator. The Bubsy people habe a dubious claim for the SNES9x distribution.

distribution license? what for?