Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I posted some videos of this game over in the Bad Games thread last night, so go there if you want to know more about how awful this game is and see the version where I edited out the boring and technically difficult parts of the session to make something more interesting to watch. This is the single-video unedited version of Pandora: Purge of Pride with myself, Warmal, and Warmal's fiancée. It's a bad, low-effort game that doesn't deserve more effort than I'm giving this post.

Polsy Youtube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

mikeycp posted:

Sorry this one is later than usual. I've been busy.

We get an ending this time, but we don't stop there! Only 2 more after this one.

Did you skip the episode where you go back for the Channelwood pages? The last I remember, you'd just found the pages from the Mechanical age and each brother still needed one more.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

The standalone Quidditch game has some interesting mechanics, but still really can't get around the fact that the entire game is just a lead-up to the final part where you catch the Snitch, and either one team is ahead by 15 goals and wins perforce, or everything that's happened until that point is meaningless, aside from a couple of achievements where you have to win the game but not catch the Snitch or whatever.

I seem to remember the PS2 version of this game having more of an introduction, like going to Diagon Alley and getting the wand to start with, and Hogwarts was definitely considerably bigger. I always thought it was a fairly straight port, but I guess not.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Addamere posted:

Since the thumbnail is the same for both the video and the ... thumbnail as a standalone image, I think I'll just link direct to the video from now on.

I recommend at least stating what the video is along with the link - some people in megathreads assume that everyone's going to recognize their name and what they're posting, but I can't always keep track, particularly when there are irregular update schedules. It also helps if someone subscribes to you and also follows the thread - less confusion over whether they've already seen the video or not without having to click the link and see the title again.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I'm going the opposite direction. I'm putting in so little effort, I'm not even posting the video link.

In fact, I'm taking it to the next level already and not even making a video.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Also please use combo attacks. The regular attacks are good, but some of the combo attacks are better in many situations.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

That seemingly useless jump-kick attack (BBBY) is much more impressive if you use it on a boss or captain.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Lightning juggling corpses can be a minor problem, but with Lightning+, you can catch a larger enemy in the effect and absolutely shred them, because all of your attacks do extra damage while they're still in the air.

And yes, the Water barrier negates Gibdo/Redead stun completely, just like being in Focus Mode. I put in on first thing in any mission where I'm playing as Sheik. If only it would stay up when you switch characters.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

The timing for throwing bombs is really tight, but each item farther from bombs has a slightly longer window. The secret is to keep bombs selected, because you can always get to the item you need in time.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Of particular note is that if your car gets stuck and you don't want to call Roadside Assistance, you can usually free it by shooting it. The car apparently has very little actual mass when it comes to bullet impacts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I'm glad someone mentioned Lifeline, because that's exactly what I was thinking when the topic of a microphone for audibles came up.

"Spike the ball, walk off the field, and dunk my head in the opposing team's Gatorade cooler? Okay."