Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Some years ago I marathoned through the Transformers G1 cartoon. I stopped when I reached the third season because it was really bad to me, and not just in a '80's cartoon' sense. Funnily enough, I found out that the last episode I saw of the cartoon as a kid was the final season 2 episode, so it seems like I dodged a bullet there.

e: and boy that season 3 intro...

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Nov 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Wayne posted:

Another busy weekend, argh. Whether you all had a good one or not, hope some more Castlevania will make you feel better, or at least feel better about your skills. :sweatdrop:

We finally wrap up stream 3 and the regular Castle. Dark damage is pretty hilarious overkill against poor Richter.

Dawn of Sorrow had the 'equip usually useless item at the right moment to unlock the true ending' thing, but did it worse. 'Enter the room without the item equipped? Welp, get a bad end'. It wasn't that bad since you probably saved a bit beforehand, but it's not as interesting as here, where an actual boss fight is affected.

Although now that I think about it, IIRC you got the key item in DoS automatically rather than needing to find it somewhere. If I remembered that right then that's kind of worse in a Metroidvania.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Also in Aria you don't just get the key "items" automatically, although needing to rely on the RNG for them is another kind of bad.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget that to help deepen the grind Dawn also made it so many (mostly passive?) powers required getting multiples of the same soul to get the full effect. Aria had that with the Head Hunter, but it was a unique gimmick and it didn't matter what extra souls you took, and it made thematic sense.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just an aside, but emeth means truth, not life.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

anilEhilated posted:

Right, so after a series of unfortunate accidents, I'm back with another attempt to get my audio balance and speaking habits to something resembling a watchable level, except this time I handicap myself further by playing a game a)blind b)that's supposed to be poo poo:
Let's Play Legendary 01 - Everybody Jump!

Any feedback, technical or otherwise, is very much appreciated, the idea is that I try to fix issues between videos. I can't seem to fix the table.

I'll just say, as someone who almost never watches solo FPS LPs, I enjoyed this quite a bit. I'll admit I had it in the background a lot of the time (that's already more than what I usually do with an FPS LP), but I tabbed in for some parts and am glad I was able to catch that train at the end.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They're called The Wizards for a reason, and it ain't for their magic missiles. Or at least not just that.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Oh we won already

Guess that's that then. Is there a Beyblades game where you save the world with your spinning tops of doomfriendship?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Metal Fusion seems to follow an actual story but I couldn't read through all the dialogue for the life of me.

Alright. Anyway, I'm excited to see what weird game you'll completely chump next. :)

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What can you really do with a game about an anime about spinning tops? The concept didn't grab me even when I was a teen watching practically any anime that was 'kids play a game and for some reason so does everybody else'

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So wait, Duel Masters isn't a YGO thing? Or was that Duel Monsters?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Huh, okay. And by the way, if you want an action card game, From Software made a couple of them.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

FeyerbrandX posted:

Full disclosure, Konami stole the gently caress out of that one guys face. (also already did this on twitter but most people wouldn't have suffered).

Why is this so perfect? :magical:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Faerie Fortune posted:

I feel crummy so here's some funny internet videos

Dragon Lore Episode 3 - The Open Door Spell

You've seen this games' definition of "dog", now observe what it thinks a boulder is

The "cheese" next to the jar of honey is a honeycomb. Excited to see what this game thinks a bee looks like.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zenithe posted:

This game was made in flash by one crazy person. It is basically what you would get if you asked a very creative five year old what would make Contra as cool as possible.

What I'm getting from this is that the game industry should ask 5 year olds for advice more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Teledahn posted:

Did you just upload it or something?

E: \/ \/ \/ drat it.

It won't play for me either :(

e: Won't work in hd, but in lower bit rates it works