Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Florence is a very short indie game that came out a couple of years ago. It tells the story of a young woman who is busy living her everyday life when things get turned upside-down. It's not because she goes on a grand adventure or some epic quest. No, it's because she meets a cute boy. The game is about 40 minutes long, so this isn't going to be a very lengthy LP.

This LP will be done with zero commentary because I feel the game is perfectly capable of speaking for itself quite well and it doesn't need some mumbly nerd ruining the delivery to tell dick jokes.

---

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Sep 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Uganda Loves Me posted:

That was really cute! I like the way the minigames moved the story along, and even told a story themselves.

Agreed. When I first heard about the game a couple of years back, the person talking about it described it with "metaphor as mechanic" which I think is a pretty apt way of describing the gameplay.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Florence Part 2

This is definitely the honeymoon phase of Florence's and Krish's relationship.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Uganda Loves Me posted:

I feel like the kid from The Princess Bride asking Grandpa if everyone in the story is going to be ok (not actually asking for spoilers).

Part 3 has some rocky seas for the cute couple. :ohdear:

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Uganda Loves Me posted:

Really enjoying this. When I realized that puzzle wasn't going to fit together, I let out an audible "oh poo poo." At least there's room for the salt and pepper shaker now.

That whole sequence at the end of Part 3 was what convinced me that I had to show this off. It's such effective storytelling without saying a single word.

Part 4

And here's the end of the story! Thanks for watching this short little mini LP. :3: