Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Great Joe posted:

how come :megaman: gets to have 5 colours?

He's got layered sprites working for him. It's really expensive for the NES to do that though, since there's only 4 active palettes allowed at a time for sprites.

This is a good write up on how they went about deciding what they wanted to do when creating the look for shovel knight.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DavidDAngelo/20140625/219383/Breaking_the_NES_for_Shovel_Knight.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Choco1980 posted:

His face, or his head? Cause if it's JUST his face, and his helmet is a separate sprite, that really IS some sneaky design.

Just the face.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Play the second one. :)

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Where's Rugrats in Paris?

:colbert:

(I loved this dumb game)

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

GamesAreSupernice posted:

I so do not want to play Rugrats in Paris.

I want you to play all those part games for our amusement.

:v: