Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Unless that shirt has Bubsy logos on it, you should pretend it's a Metal Gear shirt.

The page shows the back which has a decently-sized Bubsy logo right under the collar. Ain't no hiding it, but what could pawsibly go wrong with a shirt that swag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

I took my friends FutureFriend, TheJayOfSpade and Hobotron for a ride through a fairly recent game by one Steven Rob Day that explores a post-commercial Flintstones universe, as Fred chases Barnie over the horizon for his Fruity Pebbles. What would Fred do to Barnie in order to get his cereal back? You might be surprised at the answer!
You can play the game for yourself over at https://stevenrobday.itch.io/fruity-pebbles-the-game! Show your friends!

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Shoeless posted:

I want an anime and subsequent video games centered around Uno. Get to work, Japan.

Not technically an anime BUT Japan's got you partially covered.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Let's Play Hidden My Game By Mom

Hidden My Game By Mom is charming little puzzle game for mobile devices where your mom grounds you from your DS and you have to figure out where she's hidden it!
I played the game while my friend Hobotron watched and we all got to laugh at the incredible lengths one mom will go to for her son to stop playing so many games.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

SystemLogoff posted:

Play the second one. :)

I'm working on the video!

CJacobs posted:

I like that they bring out the alligator early, to really let you know what you're in for :allears:

The progression is so good with how quickly it gets out of control and just continues that way.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Let's Play Hidden My Game By Mom 2

Once more, with feeling! We're still on the hunt after Mom has taken our DS away from us, and Hobotron and I are sure that we'll show her what's what this time! The puzzles are harder and more devious, but nothing will get in the way of our video games!

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Let's Check Out Children of Zodiarcs (Beta)

Children of Zodiarcs blends standard SRPG mechanics with traditional tabletop elements like cards and dice to make an interesting and unique strategy game. I got access to the beta last week and thought I'd show off some story and mission stuff, since I really like the game and would like for others to see how cool it is. Not quite an LP but there's no Let's Try thread so I thought this might as well go here.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Let's Play Gundam 0079: The War for Earth

Today, FutureFriend, Jay and I decided to watch a replay of the first Gundam game to be made in English, and the second ever Gundam media to hit the Western market, after the original novel trilogy. It's a combination of FMV with quicktime events and 3D portions of FPS-style gameplay that the game itself omits from its replays. The localization is spotty and the acting is hammy, so there's plenty to enjoy with Gundam 0079: The War for Earth!

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Urban Yeti! is a North American-exclusive action game released in 2002 for the Game Boy Advance by Cave + Barn Studios. Sold directly through mail and online orders through the developers, the game puts the player in the shoes of the titular Urban Yeti, a creature living in hiding amongst the humans of a bustling city, desperate for love and belonging. One day, while out on a stroll, he hears the call of a single female yeti, his chance to turn things around in life. Urban Yeti will do whatever it takes to prove he’s a suitable mate, and it’ll take all his cunning if he wants to find the girl of his dreams.

Cave + Barn was an odd developer, mostly known for their work on licensed titles. Their major original project before this, an FMV title called Duelin’ Firemen!, would never see the light of day, but displayed their interests as a game company in creating experimental and unconventional interactive experiences. Urban Yeti! would be the only original title the studio would release, but it spoke to their philosophy through its odd humor and eclectic gameplay. Urban Yeti!’s early GTA-style open world is really a hub for conflicting AIs to cause havoc while you navigate into awkward but charming minigames, which all help to push its strange story forward. The focus is definitely on its humor rather than truly coherent gameplay, but it finds a balance where the actual game is competent enough to enjoy.

I, ChorpSaway, and my friends TheJayOfSpade, Taoc and FutureFriend will be taking a journey through Urban Yeti! to marvel at what it is: a game unrestrained by things like marketability, that really speaks to a developer’s sense of expression.

If you’d like to know more about this game, I encourage you to check out this review from Bad Game Hall of Fame, which also does a deep dive into the history of Cave + Barn Studios and their other projects!

ChorpSaway fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 22, 2022

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: FINAL UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Just as quickly as we started our journey, it's time to seal the deal! Our proficiency at the yeti discus tournament has caught the eye of a single female yeti, but it'll take more than physical prowess to prove ourselves a worthy mate. First we have to brave the dangers of public transport to reach the suburbs, and make ourselves presentable once we get there. Then, it's time to prove we can match the female yeti's entrepreneurial skills, as we get introduced to her home business! Will the Urban Yeti be able to prove himself a suitable mate, or will love die here in the middle of the neighborhood?

Thanks for watching!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Let's Check Out Quarterback Attack with Mike Ditka

Madden may be the king of digital football, but in the early days of video games there was another personality who wanted to take him throne. Mike Ditka had a series of video games based around his likeness that may not have ever taken off in the same way that Madden did, but pushed for a more complicated and in-depth sports simulator. While not quite as advanced, Quarterback Attack is no less innovative, putting the player directly in the helmet of a new star quarterback and seeing if he can survive one big game of live-action FMV football madness! The amount of footage is staggering and helps to alleviate some of early FMV gaming's biggest shortcomings, while also being highly entertaining and responsive. Let's see if we have what it takes to stay in the big leagues as we dodge the defense, complete some passes, and try to keep Mike and the rest of the team happy with our performance!