Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

SelenicMartian posted:

Other examples of recurring 'jokes' in LB:
1. A misfortune happens to a lonely old man. He says "Bugger."
2. An awkward social situation happens. A man feels the odd one out, says "I'll go get my coat," and leaves.

This sounds more like 'The Fast Show.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

GamesAreSupernice posted:

How many of these things are there?

By 'these things' do you mean sketch shows?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Maybe it's more of an English thing? Tons of them have been made over here. While we're on the subject, 'Monty Python's Complete Waste of Time' and 'Monty Python & the Quest for the Holy Grail' are probably prime fodder for this thread.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I have so many questions and there are no logical answers for any of them!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've been wanting to do something involving freeware adventure games for a while now. I remember throughout the '00s there was a lot of freeware adventure games cropping up all over the internet, a lot of which was thanks to the Adventure Game Studio website and its software. There was also quite a number of independent developers who released their own adventure games on their own web spaces too. Most of these games were made by one-person teams and they all range in terms of quality and length. There have been many professionally made games that are available for sale that was made using the AGS software, but I'm not going to be playing those. I'm going to be concentrating on the freely released games. Thankfully, the AGS games are archived and available at any time. The independently hosted games are going to be trickier to track down, I've managed to find a few that are being hosted on different mirrors but I fear that some may be lost to time. I'm going to start out with some of the more notable games that I remember from years ago as well as checking out more recent releases that look interesting. I'm also open to any suggestions from people as well. You can find a huge number of titles on the Adventure Game Studio Website and a fairly lengthy list of independent titles still being kept alive at Reloaded dot org. I was going to make a dedicated thread but this is something that I'm probably going to be doing once or twice a month.

I've been sitting on this recording for a short time now while I've been deciding on what to do with it. I might still start up a dedicated thread but right now, I feel like it's better to do something with this than to just let it fester.

First up: Apprentice (Deluxe)

quote:

For as long as he can remember, Mortimer Pibsworth sought wizard-hood. The obsession led to his apprenticeship, an exciting new beginning that melted into chores and household duties. When a nightmare started recurring, his spirits sunk like a lead wand in Willowbean Bay. After falling out of bed in his sleep, Mortimer faced an entirely different morning

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frTnoWP97eg

The original game was released in 2003, was nominated for a boatload of AGS awards and it even won a few. The developers decided to work on the game some more and released a new version in 2005 with voice acting, improved graphics and a new mp3 soundtrack. Apprentice was originally planned as a trilogy and a sequel to the first game was released in 2004, a third game was in development but it was eventually cancelled.

If you want to play this game for yourself, you can find it on the official website or on the AGS website:
https://www.herculeaneffort.com/index.php?page=apprentice1
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/570-apprentice-1-deluxe/

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

nightelf_37 posted:

Say, is it aright to post a prototype LP in this forumthread? Probably not. Just bumping this thing.

Might do a Neopets "flash" game or something.

:ssh: This is the opposite of what we're telling you to do.

Edit: This is the casual thread for casual LP's. So to answer your question, yes.

Edit 2: If you're looking to start out with smaller LP's and build up, this is probably the best place to start for you. You don't need to declare that you're bumping a thread when you're asking a question.

Either LP a game or don't, saying you might LP something still comes across as an interest check. If you're looking to LP something and want advice in doing so then ask away in the Sand Castle thread. Continuous and vague intentions won't achieve anything.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Nov 9, 2021