Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Degs
Mar 2, 2014

This game, on paper per the dev system descriptions, has the closest thing to what I've imagined a thief/assassin/spy could be in an MMO.

Like I've never heard another dev even mention half of these things before. Disguises, poisons, cat burglary, etc.

Hopefully it's fun, god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Degs posted:

This game, on paper per the dev system descriptions, has the closest thing to what I've imagined a thief/assassin/spy could be in an MMO. has very poorly thought out mechanics that are going to be a massive chore.

Like I've never heard another dev even mention half of these things before. Disguises, poisons, cat burglary, etc. Because they had those ideas up on a whiteboard and quickly relegated them to the "That's loving retarded" pile.

Hopefully it's fun, god drat. It will never be done.

You had a couple of typos. I fixed them for you.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Degs posted:

This game, on paper per the dev system descriptions, has the closest thing to what I've imagined a thief/assassin/spy could be in an MMO.

Like I've never heard another dev even mention half of these things before. Disguises, poisons, cat burglary, etc.

Hopefully it's fun, god drat.

Star Citizen also has all of these things as well doesn't it? That should be your first clue!

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

I didn't say I'm backing it, you can stop trying to convince me it's a terrible thing to hope.

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Reiteration #6,637,776,216
Yeah all those cool ideas existed in custom Ultima Online roleplaying shards over a decade ago. I'm sure some people have stories about those communities.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Half of em existed in real UO.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Degs posted:

I didn't say I'm backing it, you can stop trying to convince me it's a terrible thing to hope.

Hope is the first step to disappointment.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
The audacity of hope

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Funded in ten days. $907,000 as of right now. 20 to go, stretch goals today
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/soulboundstudios/chronicles-of-elyria-epic-story-mmorpg-with-aging/posts/1575828

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 14, 2016

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
if you arent in on the ground floor, well i dont know what youre doing with your life

Calidor
Aug 11, 2012
Buddy of mine has gone in for one of the 2.5k packages. I think he's nuts but I think we could have a fun time in the game if we all join the 3 month Exposition to get a head start and then wreck havoc at launch.

This is not a long term game, but I think it's something the Goons can influence and have some fun in for a few months before the inevitable destruction.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Calidor posted:

Buddy of mine has gone in for one of the 2.5k packages. I think he's nuts but I think we could have a fun time in the game if we all join the 3 month Exposition to get a head start and then wreck havoc at launch.

This is not a long term game, but I think it's something the Goons can influence and have some fun in for a few months before the inevitable destruction.

So you're saying we should all pay $120 for this game?

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Calidor posted:

:frogout:

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I'm going in on the 25$ one. Worst case scenario, I'm out 25$. Best case, I have a good time for a while.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

2500 dollars on this game hahahaha

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

ScorpioMajesty posted:

I'm going in on the 25$ one. Worst case scenario, I'm out 25$. Best case, I have a good time for a while.

I did this for Star Citizen and I haven't experienced buyers remorse yet.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I did this for Star Citizen and I haven't experienced buyers remorse yet.

Jokes on you. I was gifted in to that by a friend. Also no buyers remorse.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Jokes on you. I was gifted in to that by a friend. Also no buyers remorse.

Are you still friends?

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

jabro posted:

Are you still friends?

Lol! I forgave him because I'm a nice guy.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Friend of mine went in for 3500.

Least I'll have land?

Degs fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 16, 2016

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Degs posted:

Least I'll have land?

you are the friend, arent you?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I actually trust these guys to produce a product because they look like complete loving goons:

Subject A

I mean look you can be fat if you want, but does he have absolutely ZERO self awareness? Like, put on a button up or something to cover up your man-tits in your $1M kickstarter pledge-drive video. I wonder how he maintains that dope beard.

Subject B

Yes, I play the acoustic bass in the office, my cubemates love it. As I say to my pillow while I'm crying into it at night, "Eat. Sleep. Code." Same hairdo as the first guy, but a bit more of a scruffy "meth user" look. Also, if you want a map for the biggest in game city, it's right there on the monitor.

Subjects C and D

I guess these guys don't look that abnormal (aside from the rainbow unicorn shirt). I just thought this was the most emotionless emo stabbing I had ever seen (and I've seen a few). Once I heard the words "much like in real life" slip from his dumb foam-sword holding brain I knew this was the game for me.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
How much you wanna bet those nerf toys have always been at the office.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
About to grab one of the tiers out of sheer curiosity, but I'm not sure how I feel about having to buy a new "life" for $30 every so often.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Ziji posted:

About to grab one of the tiers out of sheer curiosity, but I'm not sure how I feel about having to buy a new "life" for $30 every so often.

I quite like it tbh, assuming you actually value your life, you're gonna be paying $2.50 on average a month.

You treating yourself as disposable? Shortened lifespan.
Get imprisoned? You're screwing yourself on your current/next life due to prison skill loss on your current character leading to less of a skill gain buff on your soul.
Keeps all parts of the economy alive. Keeps low-tier/mid-game content alive too (this kills every MMO ever).
Provides the devs with a decent stream of revenue without nickel and diming people on cash shop nonsense. Doesn't even give them the chance to gently caress up the business model.

Also, I have a feeling it's gonna lead to a sense of empathy knowing what it's like to start over since they did it recently too, even if they've been playing for five years.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Almost like an arcade game...

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Degs posted:

Least I'll have land?

idk guys those things are pretty weird

a few days ago a friend of mine committed social suicide in front of everyone. We were chilling as happens and he suddenly gets up and starts saying horrible stuff to one of us but like, real hateful stuff, as if he was looking for a fight. He must have some real batshit issues as he purposely lost one of his best friends within 5 minutes, but also managed to make everyone else think low of him and resent him. I'm worried he may be suicidal, who does poo poo like that

this is the thread for stuff like this

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Ruggan posted:

I actually trust these guys to produce a product because they look like complete loving goons:

Subject A

I mean look you can be fat if you want, but does he have absolutely ZERO self awareness? Like, put on a button up or something to cover up your man-tits in your $1M kickstarter pledge-drive video. I wonder how he maintains that dope beard.

Subject B

Yes, I play the acoustic bass in the office, my cubemates love it. As I say to my pillow while I'm crying into it at night, "Eat. Sleep. Code." Same hairdo as the first guy, but a bit more of a scruffy "meth user" look. Also, if you want a map for the biggest in game city, it's right there on the monitor.

Subjects C and D

I guess these guys don't look that abnormal (aside from the rainbow unicorn shirt). I just thought this was the most emotionless emo stabbing I had ever seen (and I've seen a few). Once I heard the words "much like in real life" slip from his dumb foam-sword holding brain I knew this was the game for me.

This post made me lol multiple times. Ty

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Blazing Zero posted:

you are the friend, arent you?

Pfft, I have kids.

I'm not dropping that much money on something until it's VR and I can shut them out completely.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

How fat can I get in CoE? Can I be obese like a landed noble? Will getting fat incur movement speed penalties? Can my character die an early death due to cardiovascular disease?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Ruggan posted:

Subject A

Subject B

Subjects C and D

I like the dudes lovely tattoos and his coffee mug. this game will be amazing.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Ruggan posted:

How fat can I get in CoE? Can I be obese like a landed noble? Will getting fat incur movement speed penalties? Can my character die an early death due to cardiovascular disease?

This.

Also: will there be a in game function where i can drink mountain dew till my teeth fall out?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

When a game exists primarily in your imagination, you can do all of that and more.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

after seeing how lifeless and sad that cubicle workspace looks, im certainly onboard for 150 dollars

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

seriously im pretty sure the office floor in office space had more plants and colored poo poo on the walls

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Degs posted:

Pfft, I have kids.

I'm not dropping that much money on something until it's VR and I can shut them out completely.

Beg your friend to gift his count title over to me and I'll turn a duke into a king.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hahahaha, this game is more DOA than Star Citizen or Revival.

Oh or Paragon.

Orv fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 19, 2016

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Orv posted:

Oh or Paragon.
Paragon is actually going to be finished however.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Finished, sure. Worth playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Orv posted:

Finished, sure. Worth playing?

We'll see. Next week is a free weekend.

• Locked thread