Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

The screenshots remind me of Archage where they are 100% bullshots and the actual gameplay will look no where close to that good. Anyways this game isn't going to work, the style of gameplay the devs are going for is not what keeps people interested in MMOs, this title is going to bomb hard like all of the other sandbox MMOs before it.

ty for summing up what i was going to say and also using punctuation and capitalization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The fun thing about programming is it can be simple enough at times that you'll sit down with an idea and suddenly you have a ton of stuff that you want to add and some of it would be easy to do but getting it all working together without collapsing will make you start drinking

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kimsemus posted:

I'm really less worried about whether they can code it or not, compared to whether it will be actually fun to play.

a sandbox mmo where murderfucking other players sends you to video game jail yeah sounds like a blast

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SweetBro posted:

I'm not trusting anyone who ever owned a Zune. Clearly they are incapable of making intelligent financial decisions.

Look I was in high school and didn't want to use iTunes okay

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Khako posted:

A TWO-person studio is using motion capture with inverse kinematics in a mmo...

My favorite story about mocap in video games is how the Uncharted guys were doing all the animations by hand until their parent studio gave them a mocap room because the guys making uncharted couldnt afford to do mocap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Alexander DeLarge posted:

The Repopulation (before IF poo poo the bed four months before release)
Albion Online
Shards Online
Gloria Victis
Camelot Unchained
I hear Das Tal/Crowfall is doing alright
Elite Dangerous
Project Gorgon
Star Citizen

one of these is an actual game

• Locked thread