Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So I was looking at a lot of the information surrounding this game, it seems to me like the dev is feature bloating as many things as possible into this game. My concern is that people will find some of the mechanics very fun (PVP, crafting, land ownership etc), but some very not fun. Star Citizen has been shying away from the permadeath thing on their characters as well -- people simply don't respond well to even superficial loss of investment as far as time goes.

I feel in some way this is a developer with a lot of good intentions, but very little understand of what people like, or how they're going to get everything to fit properly.

Despite this, it still looks interesting and is worth keeping track of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I'm really less worried about whether they can code it or not, compared to whether it will be actually fun to play.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Martman posted:

Oh wow, I sure have egg on my face. This youtube person claims to have totally seen video of the game in action and is definitely not a shill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S91m1MaBp-I

And he has this to say about it!

Wow, that definitely sounds like a Real Combat System! Geez where do I put my money?

Motion Capture and "Inverse Kinetics."

What is it with games and "skill based" systems? They all universally turn out bad when that phrase is used IMO

• Locked thread