Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Didn't the movies make Sauron much more of a presence than he was in the books? I've never read them, but from what I hear after Saurons body was killed, he's essentially just a powerless ghost, and only rules through fear and his orcish armies which still venerate him through Saruman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Humans Among Us posted:

They Orcs could've saved a ton of time by making the drat portal smaller instead of ridiculously tall, but as a proud gamer i know it's so they can fit thru dargons and demons in the next movie !!

The Dark Portal is a weird thing. On the Azeroth side of Warcraft, it's a decent size; big, but nothing crazy. On the Draenor side, it's even bigger. In the CG cutscenes for Warlords of Draenor, it's this fuckoff huge thing hundreds of feet tall.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The voice treatment for the orcs was a weird choice.

"Hey voice actor, just talk all rough and wheezy, and do it through a desk fan like your Tommy Boy doing a Darth Vader impression."

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Have someone bust into the court and go "Hey, king bro, we found a new landmass! And you'll never believe who lives there!" Cue ching chong chinaman music and make the movie a buddy movie about an Orc and Pandaman mining for ore in Pandaria.

Then at the end of the movie the same guy from the beginning is all "You'll never believe it King, we found another new landmass, and you'll never believe what's going on there!" Then everyone mugs at the camera, then freeze-frame on the words "Gul'Dan will return in.... You Only Res Twice."

• Locked thread