Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Yes, but Tony Stark is a piece of poo poo.

Monaghan posted:

yeah they should have gone with the guy who said "don't worry it'll work out."

It did, didn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Phenotype posted:

And no, "the Illuminati" aren't the something that comes up to fix things, but it's definitely Iron Man or Dr. Strange or Reed Richards a lot of the time.

That is more traditional than recent, as most of the current Illuminati has been in involved in colossal gently caress ups. Iron Man has like 4 of them in the past decade alone. They aren't the guys that solve problems anymore, they are the guys that probably caused them in the first place. They are poo poo people and they don't have the moral authority to order around a toddler. I mean it's a tossup if Beast or Tony are the biggest assholes in the current Illuminati, and that's loving impressive on a team that has Namor and Reed Richards on it. The fact of the matter is the world would be an objectively better place if they all just died. That's how terrible their recent track record is. And in light of that it's insane for them to start mind wiping folks and saying they are the ones that would find the answer. If anything you could say that entire event was a mix of poo poo characterizations being born and poo poo characterizations coming home to roost.

e: Really if someone says "We should remake the Illuminati!" someone should immediately put a bullet in their head and save the heartache.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Dec 3, 2015

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

When you say the world would be better off if they died, do you mean now that the incursions or over, or at the time, when they were the only thing that stopped their entire universe from dying? Because I think their world would have been much worse off if they died while incursions were happening.

They didn't stop poo poo, their entire universe died. Then it got remade again a bit different down the road. Due to the vagaries of time fuckery, Doom was always the cause of their involvement and the solution to the problem. They didn't do anything that mattered. Doom was also the cause of Doom's involvement of things too, so they don't even get credit for that. They can all just eat a bullet at any point now, and maybe a time out in the dead room will start to rehabilitate their characters some.

• Locked thread