Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Can I take a quick sidebar second to point out the art in that second page, where they put Steve in the stereotypical movie-style "face looking at readouts inside the Iron Man helmet" shot, when the panels literally above and below it on the same page show that half his face should be exposed, ie not at all how that shot is possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I think my favorite Arcade moment is when he shows up in Alan Moore's run of Captain Britain. He's like a cypher for the exact moment where Moore stopped giving a poo poo about working within the system rules. Like, at the beginning of the run, it just starts out like a decently written standard superhero story, with him fighting some baddies and stuff. There's a lead-in at the end of one story that the next big villain's gonna be Arcade...and then Moore immediately changes his mind and starts taking the book into gonzo territory with dimension hopping, aliens with time travel based super powers, villains with literal omnipotence, etc etc and Arcade is all but forgotten about. He certainly doesn't actually encounter Britain at all.

• Locked thread