Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Phenotype posted:

You're gonna have to help me here, because again, I've barely read anything Marvel in the last ten years -- what have Reed, Tony, and Strange hosed up recently? I know Tony is an rear end in a top hat, but what else has he done besides build Ultron?

Also, lol at Beast on that list of biggest assholes -- what on earth has he been up to in the last few years? My head canon Beast is still the one from the 90s cartoon, the furry scientist who talks like Fraser Crane.

Reed Richards hasn't really hosed up much on his own lately outside of stranding his family in the Negative Zone for a while and deciding it was the best to not tell them that their bodies were beginning to fall apart. That in turn gave us the sickest Human Torch burn ever, but that's another story.

Tony Stark did a lot of shady poo poo during Civil War and its aftermath that blew up in his face. Stuff like:

- Building a cyborg clone of Thor that ended up killing Goliath.
- Forcing Norman Osborn to kill a dude against his will.
- Creating a prison in the Negative Zone, which caused Annihilus to go on a big cosmic rampage.
- Dropping the ball on helping out the Sentry.
- Making it really easy for the Skrull invasion to happen because they were able to mess with his tech, which was EVERYWHERE.
- Basically being to blame for Osborn becoming the head of SHIELD (rebranded as HAMMER)

Also, building Ultron was just in the movie. Hank Pym did it in the comics.

Dr. Strange recently sold his soul (or what was left of it) to demons for extra power.

Beast played around with time travel to bring the original teen lineup of the X-Men into the present as a Hail Mary to make current Cyclops a better person because Beast was dying at the time and might as well play Russian roulette with the time-space continuum.

As the Illuminati, the team didn't fare much better. Stuff they've done:

- Pissed off the Skrulls enough for them to plan a bigger, badder invasion down the line.
- Sent Hulk into space to get rid of him, which went very badly.
- Decided to take responsibility for the Infinity Gems, which ended up falling into the hands of a supervillain anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread