Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Those were some really big damage numbers on the weapon readouts, huh? Of course, I don't know how that matches up to general bandit health, just that I've heard enemies can get ridiculously bullet-spongy into late-game Borderlands. But, let's take Riot Shield for protection and bashing and Rockets for explosions and... explosions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Just wanna say that this game was just sitting around in my Steam Library and then your recommendation actually got me to play it. Oh man, after being burned on TWD S2, this game was a very pleasant surprise. Even though I know nothing about the actual series at all.

Riot Shield and Rockets

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Machine gun and rockets. If you're going to play a Borderlands game, you do it the Borderlands way! :haw:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Calling an end to the votes! Machine Gun and Rocket Launcher had a really strong start. Longbow Grenades did their best to catch up but didn't quite make it, but in the end the winner is... Riot Shield and Rocket Launcher!

Weird how that works. That's the combination I picked for my first time through. :D

I'll be recording more gameplay tonight and should have a new episode up within the next couple days.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Interesting timing for this going up, I just bought BL2 GOTY.

I'm digging the voice acting in this, even if I keep hearing Vasquez and Vaughn as Rip Riley (Manhunter) and Cyril Figgis, even though I know the latter is a different VA. Ah well.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I finished the game recently, and yeah I have to say it's probably one of Telltale's best works. It's definitely worth a buy. For me, I have no idea if it's on par or better than The Walking Dead S1, but it's around there. I dunno if it's my personal GOTY, but I can see where you're coming from on that front.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

We got a new video!

Episode #1-2: The Deal

...and with a new video comes :siren:A NEW VOTE!!:siren:

The deal's gone bad and we need to resolve it pronto. Do we blow his mind or break his heart? Tell me your choice!

Voting ends Tuesday at 6PM Eastern.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

BLOW HIS MIND :psyboom:

Edit: I nearly forgot voice actor chat!

Our Best Friend Loader Bot is voiced by Raison Varner, who is the sound designer and composer for the first two Borderlands games.

Rudiger is voiced by Keith Szarabajka, who played Adam Engell in Argo and Cikatro Vizago in Star Wars: Rebels.

Shade is voiced by Brad Jackson, who is probably best known as the English voice of Oolong from Dragon Ball.

August is voiced by Nolan North, who is known for being Nolan North.

Sasha is voiced by Erin Yvette, a Telltale regular who might be best known as Snow White from The Wolf Among Us.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 15, 2015

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Blow his mind!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Blow his mind

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Ah, sweet bloodshed.

As someone who's never played the actual Borderlands games, it's nice to hear what and who some of these people and things are.

Waffleman_ posted:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Waffleman_ posted:

Edit: I nearly forgot voice actor chat!

Our Best Friend Loader Bot is voiced by Raison Varner, who is the sound designer and composer for the first two Borderlands games.

Rudiger is voiced by Keith Szarabajka, who played Adam Engell in Argo and Cikatro Vizago in Star Wars: Rebels.

Shade is voiced by Brad Jackson, who is probably best known as the English voice of Oolong from Dragon Ball.

August is voiced by Nolan North, who is known for being Nolan North.

Sasha is voiced by Erin Yvette, a Telltale regular who might be best known as Snow White from The Wolf Among Us.

Goddamnit.

For those who don't know (and I will never not share this fact), almost every Borderlands character from 2 onward has a role in Dragonball/DBZ. It's like they started hiring from Funimation. The plot of 2 is basically Android 18 versus Perfect Cell.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

When in Pandora, after all.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
I'm with all the people of the thread when we say Blow His Mind

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Waffleman_ posted:

Is there any other choice for Borderlands?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
I want that stun baton in Borderlands 3. I don't care if they have to add a whole new weapon category for it.

Oh, and Blow his mind. For reasons that have been adequately explored by the rest of the thread.

Limopalise
May 4, 2015

A boring man. It's hard to tell what he's capable of.
Gonna go with the obvious and say Blow his Mind.

Arp1033
Oct 13, 2012
I am going to be the first to start a revolution and say Break his Heart

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

yes good I love the underdog votes

machine gun had a rip roaring head start until everyone suddenly started voting for riot shield and that was really fun to see :shobon:

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Kaubocks posted:

yes good I love the underdog votes

machine gun had a rip roaring head start until everyone suddenly started voting for riot shield and that was really fun to see :shobon:

whispers break his heart

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay, so I finally noticed these. Wasn't a fan of the first one, second one was okay, but god dammit the third one made me crack up. Add that to Tales being one of the funniest games I've ever played and maybe I should check the main games out if my laptop can run them which it probably can?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

If you're going to check out the Borderlands games, I'd recommend bringing a friend along. The first game is loving dire to play alone because there's really not much character to it, and what's there is just atmospheric. Borderlands 2 went a long way making it feel like you were actually holding conversations with people and The Pre-Sequel went even further with actually having your characters... talk.

also one last caveat is that when I play Borderlands I cheat engine the crap out of it to make the drop rates less terrible but that's something you can look into if you feel like you aren't finding very many fun guns

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Break his heart, he must be punished.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Break heart.

And is Shade supposed to look like Hunter S. Thompson, or...?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Samovar posted:

Break heart.

And is Shade supposed to look like Hunter S. Thompson, or...?

Eeeeeeyup.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Break his heart, I didn't do that one.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
You wont be able to blow Nolan Norths mind. He has seenenough poo poo for three lifetimes. Break his heart.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Break his heart

LocalJho
May 4, 2015
Blow his mind.

Really enjoying this so far. Your commentary is well timed and complementary to the tone. I haven't played a borderlands game since 2, but I still have a fondness for the series. The writing's either gotten better, or I've relaxed a bit, because this got me smiling wide.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I knew Shade's MO and I knew he wasn't dead and I knew he was going to pop up as soon as his "body" was gone and he still scared the loving poo poo out of me when he did.

To elaborate on Shade's story a bit more than you did, he was from the very first Borderlands 2 DLC, in which you travel to the desert town of Oasis seeking a pirate treasure. Shade is the only person still alive in the town after they ran out of water and died of dehydration but he's gone crazy and is pretending they're all still alive via puppetry and doing all their voices. Later in the DLC you find a hidden cavern underneath Oasis which is absolutely full of water and Shade... loses it a little. More than he already did. It's probably why he ended up leaving Oasis and is here now.

As for the choice, I went with Blow His Mind so I'd like to see you Break his heart

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

BREAK HIS loving HEART

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Blow his mind

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

He broke the deal, now you break his heart

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Blow his Heart.

I mean... Break his Heart.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Blow his mind.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Blow his mind

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
I assume blow his mind is just going to be Rhys saying something like "100 million dollars" so I want to throw my leg in for

Break His Heart

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gensuki posted:

I assume blow his mind is just going to be Rhys saying something like "100 million dollars" so I want to throw my leg in for

Break His Heart

This is Pandora, you can never assume!

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Break his heart. He deserves to be miserable for not selling us that key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragon's-Maw
Jul 31, 2003
I be here.
Blow his mind because I'm just curious about this.

• Locked thread