Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I say we Break his Heart because I assume it means Rhys is going to reach through that guy's chest and crush his still beating heart. And on the off-chance it's not that it sounds like it might be funnier than the other option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm assuming "blow his mind" will involve brains splattered across a surface of some kind

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I was wondering when people would start speculating on what they actually mean

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
I internally speculated the moment I saw the options come up. And I concluded that blowing his mind could be exploding his head, but breaking his heart probably is going to involve killing Sasha or holding her hostage. So, I decided to go with the choice that is less likely to be a terrible thing, but if it gets taken literally, well...

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Well, August is Nolan North. So I assume we don't have an option that will result in his early demise.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.
Can we just break his heart? I'm pretty sure blowing his mind is going to involve shooting him or something and I don't think we want to make Rhys a killer already.

Besides, these guys seem like nice enough people.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

RickVoid posted:

Well, August is Nolan North. So I assume we don't have an option that will result in his early demise.

you'd be surprised what this game gets away with

ReturnOfFable posted:

I don't think we want to make Rhys a killer already.

say that to he skag we ran over and the dozen bandits we murdered with our death-bot :colbert:

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 16, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kaubocks posted:

say that to he skag we ran over and the dozen bandits we murdered with our death-bot :colbert:

1. Accident

2. Self-defense

:colbert:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

RickVoid posted:

I dunno, in the game Singularity, Nolan North died within like the first 5 minutes of the game. VAs don't have plot armor.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Waffleman_ posted:

1. Accident

2. Self-defense

:colbert:

He's Hyperion: He probably killed a dozen people during lunch break before the start of the game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Air is lava! posted:

He's Hyperion: He probably killed a dozen people during lunch break before the start of the game.

Yeah, but that's indirectly. It's all company politics, it shouldn't count.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Kaubocks posted:

The skag limped away and the slaughter was self-defence.

E:f,b

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Alright well if we don't return to Helios with a vault key, everyone is going to know we stole $10,000,000 and a company car. You saw what happened to Henderson. We need that vault key. Maybe August has to die? How's that for self defence? ;)

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Break his heart because I picked the other option.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

Alright well if we don't return to Helios with a vault key, everyone is going to know we stole $10,000,000 and a company car. You saw what happened to Henderson. We need that vault key. Maybe August has to die? How's that for self defence? ;)

Listen. We're corporate, right? We've given plenty of powerpoints. We just need to blow August's mind with a presentation on how synergy and thinking outside the box can unlock our full potentialtunity.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Let's break his heart.

It's funny, everyone assumes "blowing his mind" involves shooting him in the head. Maybe "breaking his heart" involves using the shock stick to implode his rib cage.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
Let's go for Blowing Minds.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Double Plus Undead posted:

Break his heart because I picked the other option.

Blow his mind because I picked the other option.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

IMJack posted:

Let's break his heart.

It's funny, everyone assumes "blowing his mind" involves shooting him in the head. Maybe "breaking his heart" involves using the shock stick to implode his rib cage.

Rhys doesn't even have a gun.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

who knows what that robot arm is REALLY capable of ??

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Kaubocks posted:

record shattering high speed j/o

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Panzer Skank posted:

Records aren't the only thing that'll shatter...

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Kaubocks posted:

:heysexy:

edit: god drat it panzer

this is what i get for staring at the smilies list for minutes

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Panzer Skank posted:

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I was going to make a Godfather 2 reference, but goddamn Panzer!!! You broke my heart!

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Panzer Skank posted:

The articulated fingers seem like a good way to pinch your skin in the joints.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Since I'm playing through Borderlands 2 again I figured I should weigh in on a few things.

One of the NPCs you can get missions from is Sir Hammerlock.

Yeah, that's him. He's interested in the various fauna of Pandora and often gives you quests to further his own research into the creatures that populate the planet. At one point early on he decides that "bullymong" is a silly name, and tries to figure out a better one for them. As you go out to kill the creatures through various methods he tries out different names for them. His publisher hates the name "ferrovore" so he tries out Primal Beasts, but that soon turns out to be trademarked. Frustrated, he just says, you know what? Call them bonerfarts!

Incidentally, every name change is consistent in the game. If you don't complete the mission, or any particular part of the mission, the bullymongs will stay with their current name. And the baby monglets will be called bonertoots if you progress that far :3:

Now, onto Shade...

Shade is a not-so-subtle reference to Raul Duke, the alias of Hunter S Thompson during Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. He's pretty creepy, but that's mostly because he's been traumatized by the deaths of his fellow Oasis residents from a drought. The whole sunstroke/dehydration/being on Pandora-related psychosis led to him being your BFF :3:

Professor Nakayama was indeed killed by stairs. During the final confrontation with him in Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt DLC, he fell down them in the middle of his evil mastermind speech right before you had to fight his greatest creation, Jackenstein. As we see in the Pre-Sequel, he's totally into Jack and probably wants to date him. Good luck with that now, Prof.

Commandant Steele was a boss from Borderlands 1, sort of. She was also one of the 7 Sirens in the universe, not that that really matters as far as plot goes. So far, anyway.

Also, let's Blow his Mind.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Vicissitude posted:

She was also one of the 7 Sirens in the universe, not that that really matters as far as plot goes. So far, anyway.

6. There's only 6 Sirens in the universe at any given time.

There are two known living ones - Lilith and Maya - and two known dead ones (meaning there are two infant Sirens somewhere in the great big universe) - Steele and Angel.

CuwiKhons fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 17, 2015

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Vicissitude posted:

the baby monglets will be called bonertoots if you progress that far :3:

they'll WHAT

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

they'll WHAT

They totally do.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

video games are art

I was planning on writing up a bit about what Atlas is/was. I just got back from the dentist, though, and my face is numb and I hate everything so I'll likely do that sometime tomorrow. I might even start a little collection of things from the franchise that are referenced in the game? Like a video of Splorghuld, or Nakayama falling down the stairs. If I go that far, I'll probably toss in some of your write-ups, Vicissitude, if you don't mind~

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

CuwiKhons posted:

6. There's only 6 Sirens in the universe at any given time.

There are two known living ones - Lilith and Maya - and two known dead ones (meaning there are two infant Sirens somewhere in the great big universe) - Steele and Angel.

Oh, whoops. I thought it was seven. And Jack even had an ECHO in the assassin mission about it :s

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Votes are closed! I counted up all the posts and "break his heart" beat out "blow his mind" by one point! :woop:

...but for the sake of transparency, I'm going to openly admit I'm also counting any votes I get in the YouTube comments. This should rarely be much of a deal breaker. So far I have a grand total of three votes across both episodes coming in through YouTube... but hey I want to be inclusive to people who like cool video games! Unfortunately, I said it should rarely be a deal breaker because this time it is. :shobon:

All two votes I got for this choice on YouTube are both for BLOW HIS MIND, making that our winner! It was a real fuckin' close call though. I loved counting them up and see them trade back and forth a bunch of times. Thanks to everyone who voiced their opinion~ The next episode should be ready in the next couple of days!

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 18, 2015

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

Kaubocks posted:

Votes are closed!
AW, I wanted to vote for Break his Mind .

Or maybe I should have voted Blow his Heart

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Got a new episode, fresh out of the oven:

And, of course, with a new episode comes :siren:A NEW VOTE!!:siren:

We have an opportunity right now to take out someone who could prove to be a thorn in our side... but there's no guarantee we're going to hit. Do we save our bullet or risk the shot?

Voting ends Sunday at 6PM Eastern.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Save the Bullet. For those of you who aren't super familiar with Borderlands, it may look like August is an obvious villain but to be honest he's completely normal for Pandora. Fiona and Sasha should be used to his type by now, no reason to waste your one bullet.

Also if you aren't familiar with the games, pay attention to the gun the mysterious Stranger is using. The model is called a "Conference Call" and it's very well known in the Borderlands universe, and frankly it's a bit curious that the Stranger has it.

Limopalise
May 4, 2015

A boring man. It's hard to tell what he's capable of.
Agreed, compared to almost everyone else in the Borderlands universe August seems relatively OK. Save the Bullet.

Also it's nice to see that the major choices seem to be spaced out enough that you can get a full length episode out while still having a vote.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

VAs!

Fiona is obviously the inimitable Laura Bailey, who like Troy and Nolan, is in too many things for me to list. Rest assured, you've heard her somewhere.

Because I forgot them the first time, the Stranger holding Rhys and Fiona is voiced by Roger L. Jackson. You might know him as Ghostface from Scream. No? How about Mojo Jojo? He was also Ichabod in The Wolf Among Us and is another one of Telltale's mainstays.

Felix is voiced by Norman Hall. This is literally the only thing he's done.

Tector is voiced by Joel McDonald, another Funimation regular. He played Jacuzzi in Baccano, Brief in Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, and Meow in Space Dandy.

Bossanova is voiced by Jason Topolski, who is actually a visual effects artist and coordinator at Pixar, with small roles in a couple shorts. He's in Minecraft Story Mode, though!

Zer0 is voiced by Michael Turner, who aside from background characters in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, hasn't done a whole lot. He was on an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger, though. And yes, he does like to speak in haiku.

Save that bullet! Borderlands is kind of an RPG which means item hoarding.

I love the unreliable narrator stuff they do.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rhys is a nerd and a chump who will never hit a shot without a minigame teaching him how to gun first. And even then he's not going to pull off any shots unless conditions are perfect anyway.

Save the bullet he's not gonna make the shot if we do shoot.

edit: watched the video. Sasha's probably a better shot actually but I don't think she can aim like that so my vote still stands.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Nov 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think you're confused. It's August that we have in our sights, not Rhys.

• Locked thread