Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yea... It's a little strange I think lol... Usually I'm playing uhhh well Nintendo games. Post your thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Everlong on expert drums for Rock Band 2 was my gaming white whale for a long time until i conditioned my forearms using drum drills

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

Everlong on expert drums for Rock Band 2 was my gaming white whale for a long time until i conditioned my forearms using drum drills

gently caress that song

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know a similar feel OP, since I played 100 hours of Rock Band 2 for the Wii.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NickRoweFillea posted:

I was always really bad at that song and anything other with really fast poo poo. I liked playing songs with interesting parts and fills like Janis Joplin Piece of My Heart

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My most played was Paramore - That's What You Get and Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know bc the drum parts were easy and I could sing at the same time

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That's What You Get owns on drums

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really wanna play more rock band but there's a few fails keeping me away:

1) Can't buy just the drums. That's a fail
2) the track list SUCKS. A drat fail #2
3) Nothing wrong with me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I really wanna play more rock band but there's a few fails keeping me away:

1) Can't buy just the drums. That's a fail
2) the track list SUCKS. A drat fail #2
3) Nothing wrong with me.
Let the fails hit the floor

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i want to get the new guitar hero and live out the fantasy of more than 35 people attending a rock show

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tfw your bass pedal stops working

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

frank.club posted:

tfw your bass pedal stops working
I snapped my RB1 pedal in half from playing too forcefully, I had to duct tape it until I got the Beatles bundle

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i bought a real drum pedal with a sensor that plugs into the rb drums

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

i want to get the new guitar hero and live out the fantasy of more than 35 people attending a rock show

The FMVs are funny. On the one with the emo band with the hot drummer chick if your blowing it in the middle, when he starts asking the crowd HAVE YOU EVER BEEN HEARTBROKEN... WELL THIS ONE'S FOR YOU... in the little tiny section of audience members there's a punk chick who looks extremely depressed and she puts her head in her hands.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It may be extremely noob of me but I like that in the new guitar hero you can't fail out of a song, you just flail your way to the end and everyone leaves looking super dejected

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got my rear end kicked by an Amy Winehouse jam.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Is Maps by Yeah Yeah Yeahs on there.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Weatherman by Dead Sara is loving win...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fargield posted:

Is Maps by Yeah Yeah Yeahs on there.

I don't think so mate.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess people don't like the like free to play style stuff but idk. The GHTV thing is cool, in this rookie Guitar Hero's opinion.

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

Never played any of these kind of games, sorry. Might I recommend playing a real drat instrument though?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

farsel posted:

Never played any of these kind of games, sorry. Might I recommend playing a real drat instrument though?

im aftaid i may have to murder you

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

instead of playing cod why dont you just join the goddamn army???

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

farsel posted:

You might, but you'd be a piece of poo poo for doing so. Guitar hero is epic

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

farsel posted:

Might I recommend stop being a loving JACKASS?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

farsel posted:

You're really pissing me off right now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I played 5 straight hours of this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sometimes I get in The Zone but I have a hard time getting back into it except by accident.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think this is one of those things your only supposed to play an hour or so at a time because my hand and shoulder are killing me, from kick major rear end on this sick guitar to my favorite pop rock jams.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

The FMVs are funny. On the one with the emo band with the hot drummer chick if your blowing it in the middle, when he starts asking the crowd HAVE YOU EVER BEEN HEARTBROKEN... WELL THIS ONE'S FOR YOU... in the little tiny section of audience members there's a punk chick who looks extremely depressed and she puts her head in her hands.

Lmfao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I wish I could have been in the FMVs for Guitar Hero Wii U.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Having at least one thousand real human faces looking directly at you when your loving up a band's set is insanely humiliating.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That part of the game is really tiny though unfortunately. And almost all the bands are british.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I guess people don't like the like free to play style stuff but idk. The GHTV thing is cool, in this rookie Guitar Hero's opinion.

It looks like an infinitely better way to play with the track list than spending 3 dollars on a song you might play once or twice

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I just want to play Can't You Hear Me Knockin' on guitar hero 2......

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
might get rock band 4 since I've got a lot of dlc built from 1-3... on the other hand my favourite instrument was the keytar and they took that out? bullshit my friend

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Ristolaz posted:

well guess what you can.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

noob

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ristolaz posted:

That was one of my faves in GH2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

>TFW mom banned Rock Band after 10pm
> :unsmith:
>You can never go back.
> :smith:

• Locked thread