Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

jon joe posted:

Can't wait to see what Thorsby does with the now ex-magician.

The current theory is killing someone with pacifist magic doesn't permanently take away your capacity to do any pacifist magic, just the spells you currently know. That's why he only learned one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
New strip. Haven't had a good old-fashioned multi-floor collapse in years.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

New strip. Go, Aerodac(to be continued)

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 7, 2016

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Ah, solving a problem by making it more complex. The standard attitude of any Thorsbian protagonist.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Cat Mattress posted:

Ah, solving a problem by making it more complex. The standard attitude of any Thorsbian protagonist.

Forcing Faustian bargains on one's self is certainly one method of resolution.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

New strip. tylOH GODDAMMIT

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Sweet move, too bad Lyndon's about to get his head crushed by a falling boar.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

The potential for a many-monster clusterfuck isn't being used, but keep in mind this is still the first quest.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

RIP those four guards from #23

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Now the backpack finally gets crushed after the fakeout with the floor collapse. I love these balls.

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

well it's about bloody time

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
How was Transdimensional Brain Chip? I recently read Hitmen for Destiny the whole way through after giving up on it once and loved it, but Accidental Space Spy was kind of disappointing. It was strange, he would spend so much time setting up each premise, especially the invisible zone and the reverse gravity zone, and then wouldn't really do much with it before moving on to the next mission.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I found it better than Space Spy but not as good as Hitmen. Worth a read, I think.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

It has the some of the same problems with incomplete or rushed payoffs, but it's worth reading anyway.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
There was really only one patented Thorsby action sequence, which is unfortunate because it clearly had a lot of potential in that vein.

It's pretty short though, so I'd say it's worth a read.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I doubt any work will ever quite reach the heights of Hitmen for Destiny, but I liked Transdimensional Brain Chip quite a bit. I liked Space Spy even better though, there's nothing better to me than Thorsby imagining what kind of extreme impossible life forms would evolve in crazy rear end planets that have an invisible zone or a reverse gravity zone, or just alternate evolutionary timelines than those we see on Earth. I didn't mind that the story wasn't the main focus of the comic that much, really.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Honestly, as great as Hitmen for Destiny was, I think Lies, Sisters, and Wives was his best work.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Is... is this Thorsby's way of celebrating 20 years of Pokemon?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I like how all the other monsters are bizarre Thorsbian creatures, and then the moose is just a moose.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Moose are already bizarre. It's like a big rear end deer, but with, like webbed antlers? Like a duck's foot compared to a chicken's? And instead of a deer face they have weird melty horse faces.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I like the scrotum monster that's walking on its tongue. One of the stupidest/weirdest Thorsbian critter.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Gen VII is lookin' good.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 5, 2016

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

jon joe posted:

Honestly, as great as Hitmen for Destiny was, I think Lies, Sisters, and Wives was his best work.

I think the sequence with Vorte, Fusk, and the shape shifter on the boat was a funnier variation on the same setup, but maybe it's just because I read that first.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

In my day Snorlaxes never appeared in the wild. If you didn't catch the one you Poke Fluted that was it!

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

They've got a bull moose in a china shop...

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

GOTTA SQUISH 'EM ALL audrey please take away our source of pokemon jokes

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Audrey is my favourite character because she knows she's in a Thorsby comic.

She doesn't bother thinking anything through logically, she just picks the weirdest solution under the assumption that it will always be the correct one.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
WHUUU!

DONK!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold, and she's building a stairway... of Pokemon.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Just wait, it'll evolve into a Gydrados.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

By Thorsby standards, this all went... fairly cleanly.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Mar 21, 2016

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Did they remember to grab the key to that box?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
There are so many reasons that shouldn't have worked, and it was still great.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Potential happy endings are described.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Well, that was a fun little romp. Nothing wrong with a short comic.

I wonder what Thorsby's next project will be?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I don't think it's over yet.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What is it with Thorsby and nonthreatening lesbian characters?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

Well, that was a fun little romp. Nothing wrong with a short comic.

I wonder what Thorsby's next project will be?

One job probably isn't enough to fund a campaign on par with the Republican Party's Traditionalists'.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
But that only raises further questions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I bet it's something that'll restore the monarchy, making Trixie's campaign funds useless (unless she uses them to fund another revolution).