Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Like it belongs with hieroglyphs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I wonder how long it took to draw those ~150 creatures on the shelves. And I bet he has notes on what each one does too.

We'll find out about a few of them when that backpack inevitably gets dropped/crushed/lightly jostled.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

HBar posted:

We'll find out about a few of them when that backpack inevitably gets dropped/crushed/lightly jostled.
Here it comes!

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Sweet move, too bad Lyndon's about to get his head crushed by a falling boar.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

RIP those four guards from #23

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Now the backpack finally gets crushed after the fakeout with the floor collapse. I love these balls.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

It has the some of the same problems with incomplete or rushed payoffs, but it's worth reading anyway.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I like how all the other monsters are bizarre Thorsbian creatures, and then the moose is just a moose.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

They've got a bull moose in a china shop...

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Did they remember to grab the key to that box?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I bet it's something that'll restore the monarchy, making Trixie's campaign funds useless (unless she uses them to fund another revolution).

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

The buyer must be the witch who worked for the queen. She knows what's in the box because she put it there.

People can survive in the balls for centuries, along with their personal inventory. I think it's a padded box with a ball of the old queen – either Petronella herself, having faked her death, or Imogen, Gemma, or Saffron (or even all three). And she could be carrying a number of balls of her own, containing her most trusted followers, each carrying more balls, and so on... it could be a nigh-unstoppable royal army in the box.

But that raises the question of why they would do that instead of continuing her rule in her own time. Something powerful enough to overcome an army and a primo witch (maybe involving pacifist magic), or maybe this was a way to put the princesses and their forces in time-out after a succession crisis between them.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Welp, I was completely wrong about everything except it being a ball with the power to overthrow the government (assuming Goordtryb is actually a god and not just your everyday giant frog).

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I was expecting a reveal that the god was possessing the frog and it was about to jump hosts and do something ghastly to the random adventurer-pedestrian. Instead we just learn that Aubrey is totally going to steal and read the diary and then do something dumb because of it.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Klara's Feeling the Bern... Turning Trix?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Who cares about Not-Hillary, all my attention is on the national seal featuring Petronella's freshly-severed head.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I had been thinking it was a roleplaying game and these were the names the players and GM made up.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Goddamn, these names keep getting better/worse. I burst out laughing for way too long at panel 1. And I'm curious what Filthmaster's deal is, a skilled fighter randomly carrying a badass sword everywhere but living in squalor. The pipe might explain a lot.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

gently caress, what is a slurd?

I'm hurting my eyes trying to read the small print. It's almost legible except for the blurry parts and the inexplicable replacements like t with y, h with j, and maybe a few others.

Yesterday a cult leader was (found) in an attic in a (nillu clyu???). He was the leader of the spider cult. The spider cult (wammy jaskng???). The cult leader was alive but unconscious. Nobody knows why he was in the attic. There is no ...???

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Holy poo poo Lyndon is going to have the most amazing death ever

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Sweet Goordtryb painting.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

So if Redhead is the demon (and she still looks like herself), then who's this?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

A non-human member of the convent, presumably.
Totally confirmed now. That's so Thorsby.

Also, RIP Audrey's teeth.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

There goes that relationship (that somehow never came up until now). At least the heart snakes will still be together. And giving those kids her gross used peppermint boulder might be the nicest thing Audrey's ever done.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

We did, it's in the second comic.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Zoozo's going to win. He has the best slogan, a winning smile, fashion sense, a cute dog logo, and he doesn't get tripped up in the details.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

He'll even get a bunch of crossover votes from traditionalists who love his tough-on-crime stance of "personally bash their head in with a gigantic loving mace".

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Possible Suspects:
Jenny: Likely furious at her uncle's intolerance and manipulation, and the inheritance and housing could be factors too.
Julius: Could he have killed himself out of spite?
Everdark (via VP Wormrider or skrillex-haired spy woman): Make a huge scandal to take down her strongest opponent and turn Trixie's biggest weakness into an ongoing and much more dramatic news story.
Trixie: We can't assume she's innocent just because she's the main character. She already lost her temper once to Julius, why not twice?
Lyndon: Maybe the executioner was right all along. Could Lyndon be a fake pacifist and a great actor, feigning panic and surprise at the murder he just comitted?
Zoozo: He has a strong sense of justice, he doesn't hesitate to murder wrongdoers, and he's easily suggestible.

e:
Klara: Loves Trixie, maybe enough to kill for her. Is she so autistic that she can't tell the difference between exasperation and a genuine desire for Julius' death?
Audrey: Might be psycho enough to murder Julius just for fun. Especially if she has a scheme to get at his money.
The Skyggemyrians: Their flag is literally a bunch of stabbing daggers. They almost certainly have a larger plan of which the scepter is just one part. Whatever it is, they're amoral enough to kill to make it happen.

HBar fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jan 6, 2017

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Goddamn, I never suspected Filthmaster. Dude is brutal.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Soon this farce is going to include a painted snake. Then the painted snake gets loose too, and someone finds it and thinks it's safe to grab, but no! That was the real snake!

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Hank should have just kept Eliza-ing. I'm starting to wonder if Hank will die too (maybe while trying to bluff his way through snake-handling), and then they have to deal with an investigation into Julius' death while still trying to hide the real Julius' death.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Watch this song catch on and become an inexplicable hit.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Oh, Audrey. :allears:

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

"One dismemberment later" is the best segue.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Great job not looking suspicious, Audrey. And why do you even need anyone else to go with you?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

There's going to be a mix-up. Which naked Audrey is the real naked Audrey?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Conjure 49 illusion dicks, problem solved. Except that he has to keep thinking about dicks really hard and nothing else.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Once again Klara is the smartest. I wonder if that goblin is going to survive and make its way back up at an unexpected moment.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I wonder what Trixie's up to. Last we saw, she evaded the blue mugger. Orange and Pink are dead, so we know she isn't dealing with any other muggers. The only remaining creatures to worry about would be the snout berserker and the goblin it was chasing (plus maybe the other goblin if alive). That's unless there are other creatures lurking in the cave, which there almost certainly are because this is Thorsby.

HBar fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Sep 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

For me it was down for a few minutes a few hours ago, then it was back up again. Seems like Comicfury is having intermittent issues.