Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

She didn't disappear when Lyndon lost his magic, so what other options are there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Mind Muggers seem to be social animals, so it makes sense for them to give away hand-me-downs like a chain of hermit crabs each moving into the next bigger shell. The eating only happens if none of their companions would want the old mind.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Lyndon says "Death to Audrey"?! Even while he's mind mugged I find that hard to believe. Unless this is a hate-the-ones-you-love kind of response.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Watch Trixie and the gang inspire another accidental revolution among the glomachs. Also interesting that Tjombertjam doesn't seem to have a last name like humans, or he'd introduce himself as Tjombertjam Massstarvation or something.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Did the rod strike break the spell's pacifism? The past examples were all deadly, but if a moderate head bonk is enough then it raises the question of how much damage is too much.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I never expected Kwame would transition and join the New Mexico branch of Golden Dawn.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

BiggerJ posted:

Or impending animal-possessing shenanigans.

And/or.
Judging by the way the parrot keeps following and staring at Samantha, I wonder if there were previous animal-possessing shenanigans. And the person trapped in the parrot is determined to get back into their own body.

Or, the parrot could be her implausible ninja.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

And we also get explicit confirmation that anyone on the island could be an inmate out and about doing their own thing.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

They both have their eyes closed away from everyone else, so something improbable is about to happen.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Laughing at the way rubbery Lyndon looks. And at the "That happens" segue so Thorsby didn't have to draw it twice.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Nigel in panel 4: Oh, right, I'm a parrot! Why didn't I just fly away?!

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Lavagargler is my new favorite surname.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Lyndon you've been a couple for half of one adventure, what did you expect?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Eventually Lyndon levitates all the zombies. Then a plane crashes into one, breaking the spell in a deadly explosion. The heroes make a dramatic run for cover as they dodge the zombie rain.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

This is going to cause a few headaches
Yeah it's pretty garish but I like the psychedelic frog septon painting anyway.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

If she lets go, how long would it take before the elusive artist dies of exposure and hypoxia? 5-10 minutes?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Soon it'll be everyone running for president, and the winner will be the candidate with two votes.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

HBar posted:

Zoozo's going to win. He has the best slogan, a winning smile, fashion sense, a cute dog logo, and he doesn't get tripped up in the details.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

that chef owns :discourse:

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I had to look back through the archives to remember anything about this guy from #60.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

It'll all backfire when Zoozo leads a brilliant defense.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Lyndon's getting a vision of the present because he's so bad at this that his death is imminent.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

President Megascythe explains most of the US vice presidential nominees in living memory.

Johnny just has a couple extra steps now, one is convincing a spineless dullard to name him vice president.

Who's that spinelss dullard going to be? Vice President Hateriot? Vice President Painatorium?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Or he's just showing us the best character isn't who we thought it was.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Well gently caress. Davidspackage, you're probably right.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

What's the star thing about? Is it part of the way the timeline ends when Lyndon dies? Maybe huge, universe-ending amounts of energy are required to send information back in time to the moment the scepter was touched. Or is it something Torgier knows from another vision?

Either way, that Nyan Pig painting is pretty sweet.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I'm imagining Lyndon's pompadour was one big comb-forward curled back on itself, and the Skyggemyrians just cut his hair short.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Honey bunny, please stand next to the painting and speak loudly and clearly while you describe your escape plans in detail.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

They're prepared against incapacitating pacifism magic, and the lower jouster doesn't get to make any dumb decisions in the wheelchair-cart.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

At first glance I thought the blue snake was wearing a little hat.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Red on yellow, kill a fellow.
Red on black, poison lack.
Purple polka dots on sky, say goodbye.
Wavy green line, you'll be fine.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

When she's flying in the hallway like that a snake could bite her anyway, with or without a yoink.

But the snakes may have been trained to be docile for exactly this kind of situation, they haven't been reacting at all to anything going on around them. And we don't have confirmation that they're actually cheap divorce snakes, or even venemous at all.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Klara might be making up monsters to mess with Lyndon, but they're all plausible in the Thorsbyverse. And so is the peach cake war.

edit: he fixed the typo so unfortunately the peach cake war is no longer canon

HBar fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

No new comics, but Thorsby has a Tumblr now: https://thorsbyprojects.tumblr.com/

He posted his puzzles at https://logic-masters.de/Raetselportal/Benutzer/eingestellt.php?name=Thorsby, in addition to the star battle puzzle there are some tricky sudoku variations with extra rules. For example:

Then there are TV and movie quizzes, where he generated a ganbreeder-style AI image from the title of each:

And he's answering fan questions, so this is your chance if there's anything you want to ask: