Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I doubt any work will ever quite reach the heights of Hitmen for Destiny, but I liked Transdimensional Brain Chip quite a bit. I liked Space Spy even better though, there's nothing better to me than Thorsby imagining what kind of extreme impossible life forms would evolve in crazy rear end planets that have an invisible zone or a reverse gravity zone, or just alternate evolutionary timelines than those we see on Earth. I didn't mind that the story wasn't the main focus of the comic that much, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well the picture in the background is what that crazy lady thought that frog would be, not so much what it was.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think Lyndon's gonna lose his magic by virtue of crying wolf enough to make Klara's mind-mugger get killed by thinking a real monster is another illusion.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The mind mugger doesn't love audrey, he's just as smart as Lyndon and knows everything he does.

ChairMaster fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 18, 2017

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Lyndon's def gonna lose his power when he helps stall chalkboard head long enough for someone to get into the bird body and kill it.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
He lost his last spell because he ended up accidentally getting someone a knock to the head with a stick, so I assume that this spell's done for.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
There is no law that says people can't be clothes. The perfect presidential candidate.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

vyelkin posted:

That thing can't weigh that much more than Klara, she should be rising very slowly.

If she jumps she could get a good upward speed going even if they had a similar weight.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If it's terminal velocity is the same as a human it'll hit the stratosphere in like 3 minutes, I imagine it would still be alive at that point so it depends on how well insulated it's fur is on whether or not it has frostbite enough to make the spell fail.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Audrey ain't gonna marry this fool anyways, no shame in hanging out with a guy who's good in bed and thinks you're awesome.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Grogquock posted:

Interesting. I always thought Lydon described the criteria for the magic ending as some kind of harm (non trivial harm given that time he bumped into Audry), and not necessarily death. Though to be fair, death has been the cause of loss all the times I can remember off hand. There's a good chance the Artist's eardrums are going to burst or it suffers embullism or lung damage before it specifically dies due to lack of oxygen. I'd expect it will also start falling faster and faster as the atmosphere thins.

The lady who got bonked on the head because of his spell made him lose his powers, and she didn't die from it.

I don't think Lyndon is necessarily an expert on what happens when you fall upwards, nor do I suspect that he is that interested in the specifics of what is going to make him lose his spell.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
They could just send a vice president to break the news to her, but I don't imagine they'd have much reason to lie to her either. The political structure in Diabolica seems to be "do what the president says and you'll get paid", which is certainly fine with Audrey as far as foreign affairs goes.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Pistol_Pete posted:

To any new readers: Thorsby is not exactly known for happy endings to his tales.

Transdimensional brain chip had a happy ending, by .00000012%!

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
There's only been one story so far without a happy ending though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
As far as the question of what would happen in a world where someone has access to more brain power and knowledge than the entirety of the human race a hundred times over, TDC had the happiest ending I can imagine really. A god whose happiness is directly tied to that of all humanity is pretty much the only good version of god that I can think of.

ChairMaster fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 4, 2019